On Thursday, September 27, 2018 at 7:00 p.m., Neighborhood House will host its milestone 80th Anniversary Gala at the Plainfield Country Club honoring community leaders with a history of long-standing service to the organization. MSNBC’s Joy Reid, host of AM Joy, will keynote the event. Neighborhood House, one of the oldest providers of childcare and early education in New Jersey, is raising funds for a facility expansion, which includes a brand new building with state-of-the-art classrooms, safety and security upgrades, and a technology center to ensure that the children are prepared to succeed in an increasingly global and technology-driven environment.
For 80 years, Neighborhood House has provided children, and in particular those from economically disadvantaged families, with a safe, secure, and nurturing learning environment. The center is fully accredited and all of the programs – infant/toddler early learning, preschool, after school, and school-age summer camp – place an emphasis on math, science, and problem solving while continuing to foster creativity. The organization also offers focused educational programs designed to support and empower parents and guardians.
The evening will also include dinner, a special musical presentation, the awards program, and dancing. Tickets can be purchased by clicking here.
Who: Joy Reid, MSNBC Host, Keynote Speaker
- The Honorable Adrian O. Mapp, Mayor, City of Plainfield
- The Honorable Linda Carter, Assemblywoman, 22nd Legislative District
- Dr. W. Lamar Bomar, Sr., Family Practice Physician, Plainfield, New Jersey
- Dr. Larry Leverett, Former Superintendent, Plainfield School District
- James C. Mills, Jr., President PCSS, LLC, Past Neighborhood House Board President
- Carol Sorg, Retired Nurse, Neighborhood House
- Dr. Linnea Weiland, Chair, Department of Elementary and Early Childhood Education, William Paterson University
What: Neighborhood House 80th Anniversary Gala
When: Thursday, September 27, 2018, 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Where: Plainfield Country Club, 1591 Woodland Avenue, Edison, NJ 08820
Note: Parking is available on site.