PLAINFIELD, NJ - The Museum Pass Program is now being offered at the Plainfield Public Library, with passes, tickets and discounts available at eleven different locations.
Residents 18 years or older who are current library card holders in good standing may check out one pass per family at a time.
Museum passes are accessible on a first-come, first-serve basis at the Circulation Desk, and cannot be reserved in advance, although a same-day one-hour hold will be allowed. Patrons should call the Circulation Desk at 908-757-1111 ext 111 to check availability.
In addition to a library card, eligible borrowers must present a valid photo ID, with information that matches library records. Photo ID is not required by minors.
The Museum Pass program has three types of passes available:
- Passes: Physical membership cards that get checked out in a museum pass pouch and returned to the Library at the Circulation Desk or via the book drop. Patrons must be 18 or older to check out this type of museum pass.
- Tickets: Single-use tickets that get "checked out" and do not need to be returned. Cardholders may check out one ticket per location per year as supplies last. Adventure Aquarium tickets are only available to those under 18. Tickets are the only items available to be checked out by those under 18.
- Discounts: Two locations, Crayola Experience and Liberty Science Center, provide a discount to Plainfield Library Card holders. Please follow the directions on the museum's individual page to purchase.
These eleven museums are a part of the Museum Pass Program. For information about each museum, click on the desired link:
- Adventure Aquarium (Camden, NJ): ticket - under 18 only
- American Museum of Natural History (New York, NY): ticket
- Battleship New Jersey (Camden, NJ): pass
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden (Brooklyn, NY): pass
- Children's Museum of Manhattan (New York, NY): pass
- Crayola Experience (Easton, PA): discount - purchase online tickets at http:tickets.crayolaexperience.com with the
Store name: PPLibrary
- Imagine That (Florham Park, NJ): pass
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum (New York, NY): pass
- Liberty Hall Museum (Union, NJ): pass
- Liberty Science Center (Jersey City, NJ): discount - $3 off per ticket when you show your Library card at entry
- Turtle Back Zoo (West Orange, NJ): ticket (tickets available during the zoo's "in-season" only, April 1st to November 30th.)
The Plainfield Public Library is located at 800 Park Avenue.
The Museum Pass program is made possible via a grant from the Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders.