Program will be suspended after November 19 due to COVID-19 safety precautions.
The Union County Division on Aging will be suspending its “Grab and Go” Lunch Program for seniors in order to help reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. The final two dates for distribution at 12 of the 13 participating sites will be Tuesday, November 17 and Thursday, November 19. The Plainfield Senior Center in Plainfield will not distribute lunches on November 17 or November 19.
“With COVID-19 numbers rising throughout the County and State, we must reconcile the ability to provide resources to our residents with the responsibility of mitigating the spread of the virus by reducing points of contact,” said Freeholder Chairman Alexander Mirabella. “It saddens us to have to stop the ‘Grab and Go’ meal distribution but we hope to be able to resume this service for our seniors in the future when it is safe to do so.”
The Union County Division on Aging and Disability Services remains open and available to help with support to seniors, including referrals for emergency food assistance and information on food distribution events. The Division on Aging can be reached at 888-280-8226, 908-527-4870, or 908-527-4872. For Spanish speaking, please call 908-527-4863.
To Union County Division on Aging and Disability thanks the seniors who have been participating in the “Grab and Go” lunch program, for their support.
The 12 “Grab and Go Lunch Program” locations available until November 19 are:
- Gregorio Recreation Center—330 Helen St., Linden
- Hillside Senior Center—265 Hollywood Ave., Hillside
- Kenilworth Senior Center—526 Boulevard, Kenilworth
- Liberty Square Senior Center—204 Elizabeth Ave., Elizabeth
- O’Donnell Dempsey Senior Center—622 Salem Ave., Elizabeth
- Peterstown Community Center—418-34 Palmer St., Elizabeth
- Rahway Senior Center— 1306 Esterbrook Ave., Rahway
- Roselle Community Center—1268 Shaffer Ave., Roselle
- Stephen Sampson Center—800 Anna St., Elizabeth
- Union Senior Center—968 Bonnel Ct., Union
- Westfield Community Center—558 W. Broad St., Westfield
- Winfield Community Center—25 Roosevelt Dr., Winfield
The Plainfield Senior Center is located at 400 E. Front Street in Plainfield.
For more information about all programs from the Union County Division on Aging, please call (908) 527-4870 or (908) 527-4877.