PLAINFIELD, NJ - The Plainfield Board of Education adopted a new budget on Monday evening at the high school for the 2017-2018 school year, and it includes an increase of tax levy for homeowners by 1.05% or $44.01 per year.
The Budget approved of $191,652,263 with an increase of $2,008,929 represents an increase of 1.05% or a $44.01 Tax increase on a home assessed at $108,400.
This increase represents "the first tax levy in twenty years," according to Gary Ottman, Business Administrator for Plainfield Board of Education.
The new budget includes the following:
- Reconfiguration of BOAACD
- Leave 17 vacant positions unfilled
- Reduce 4.5 Administrators
- Reduce 1 secretary
- Reduce 14 Assistants
- Reduce 28.5 Certified Staff
- Postpone 504 Madison Avenue Renovations
- Implement Prescription Plan Cost Savings
For additional information, please call 908-731-4333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.