PLAINFIELD, NJ - On Tuesday, November 8, 2016, polls will be open from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Plainfield residents will cast their votes to help choose the next President of the United States.
Locally, Councilwoman Rebecca Williams, who defeated incumbent Councilwoman Tracey Brown in June, is running on the line for the Citywide at-large seat unopposed.
In the Third Ward City Council race, Charles McRae is the Democratic Candidate, while Sharon Robinson-Briggs is running as an Independent.
Here are the locations of polling places in Plainfield.
Ward 1 residents:
- Districts 1, 7 and 8 vote at Emerson School, 305 Emerson Avenue, gym entrance off Sumner Avenue
- Districts 2, 4 and 6 vote at Barlow School, 2 Farragut Road (and East Front St), All Purpose Room
- Districts 3 and 5 vote at Richmond Towers, 510 E. Front Street, Community Room
Ward 2 residents:
- District 1 votes at City Hall Annex, 510 Watchung Avenue, first floor
- Districts 2, 5 and 6 vote at Evergreen School, 1033 Evergreen Avenue, cafeteria/gym
- Districts 3, 9, 10 and 11 vote at Cook School, 739 Leland Avenue, auditorium
- Districts 4, 7 and 8 vote at Maxon Middle School, 920 E. Seventh Street, gym/main entrance
Ward 3 residents:
- Districts 1, 2, 3 and 4 vote at Plainfield High School, 950 Park Avenue, main lobby
- Districts 5 and 6 vote at Cedarbrook School, 1049 Central Avenue, auditorium
- Districts 7, 8, 9 and 10 vote at Hubbard Middle School, 661 West Eighth Street, auditorium
Ward 4 residents:
- District 1 votes at Neighborhood House, at 640-52 West Fourth Street - gymnasium
- District 2 votes at the Board of Education, located at 1200 Myrtle Avenue - library
- Districts 3, 4 and 5 vote at Clinton Elementary School, at 1302 W. Fourth Street (enter through gym on Clinton Ave)
Not sure which ward / district you're in? Find out HERE.