PLAINFIELD, NJ - On Wednesday, October 26, 2016, the League of Women Voters of Plainfield will hold a Candidate Forum, to be held in the Anne Louise Davis room at the Plainfield Public Library.
Forum participants must submit their biography and provide answers to the local League's questions to the LWV of Plainfield, which will be included in the forum and League of Women Voters of Plainfield’s publication.
Councilwoman Rebecca Williams, who defeated incumbent Councilwoman Tracey Brown in June, is running on the line for the Citywide at-large seat unopposed. Only candidates who are running opposed can participate in the LWV forum.
Third Ward City Council candidates will be present Wednesday night. Charles McRae is the Democratic Candidate, while Sharon Robinson-Briggs is running as an Independent. Following are each of the candidates' biographies. To see their answers to questions posed by the LWV, visit Third Ward City Council Candidates.
- Member, Ruth Fellowship Ministries Church, Plainfield
- Two Term, First Female Mayor of Plainfield
- College Graduate
- Plainfield Board of Education President
- Annual Plainfield Feed The Children Programs
- Plainfield Clothing & Food Drives
- President, Festival Association of Plainfield
- Plainfield PABA Block Association Founder and Vice President
- Plainfield Citizens Budget Advisory Committee (CBAC) Member
- Built the State of the Art Plainfield Senior Citizens Center & Veteran Meeting Hall
- Plainfield Angels for Action Advisory Board Member
- Plainfield Area NAACP Vice President
- Plainfield Salvation Army Advisory Board Member
- Developed Plainfield Anti-Gang, Anti-Gun Initiative
- Established the “Plainfield Live Where You Work” Program
- Facilitated Plainfield Contract Negotiations for Labor Unions
- Facilitated Plainfield Negotiations for Conflict Resolution
- Mayors Against Guns, Member
- Lectured at various educational institutions
- Published Author NJ Pre-Law Review Magazine, “Navigating Small Claims Court”; NJ State League of Municipality Journal, “The Best Shared Service” and “Plainfield: A City On The Move”
- On Air Personality - Verizon Cable Show, Comcast Cable Show, Comcast Newsmakers, College Fund Telethon
- Provided Plainfield Community Garden
- Provided Plainfield City Hall Sitting Garden
- Provided Plainfield Electric Clock at Courthouse
- Shared Services Programs saved tax payer funds
- Established Employee Cafeteria & Annual Employee Appreciation Day
- Economic Development
- Guest Speaker and Panelist at Conventions
- Testified at Senate Hearings and Congressional Forums
- Recipient of over 100 Awards
- College Scholarship Association Founding Member
- National Association of Professional Women Member
- NJ Conference of Mayors Emeritus Advisory Council Member
The Plainfield Public Library is located at 800 Park Avenue. The forum begins at 7:00 PM. The LWV hosts forums like this one as a service to Plainfield voters.
Election day is Tuesday, November 8 2016, and polls will be open from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM.