PLAINFIELD, NJ - Today, April 3rd, was the deadline to file as a candidate for the Democratic and Republican primary election in Plainfield on June 6th.
The Municipal Clerk's office announces the following slates, with four-year terms for Mayor and Fourth Ward City Council seats, and an unexpired term for City Council Second & Third Wards at-large.
- Mayor: Adrian Mapp
- 2nd / 3rd Ward City Council: Joylette Mills-Ransome
- 4th Ward City Council: Steve Hockaday
Mayor Adrian Mapp has submitted sixty-eight names for Democratic City Committee.
- Mayor: Bridget Rivers
- 2nd / 3rd Ward City Council: Alma Blanco
Rivers has also submitted several names for Democratic City Committee.
- Mayor: Dr. Henirlynn Davis Ibezim
- 2nd / 3rd Ward City Council: Cameron Cox
- 4th Ward City Council: Elliott Simmons
- Mayor: Rev. Tracey Brown
- 4th Ward City Council: Terri Briggs
A municipal petition was submitted by Sharon Robinson-Briggs and Erica Brown for Union County Freeholders, and will be forwarded to the County.
Independents must file by June 6th.