PLAINFIELD, NJ - Visitors roaming through Grace's House, a designer showcase home that has been restored in Plainfield's Hillside Avenue Historic District, are treated to a surprise at every turn, in every room, and in every nook and cranny. Proceeds from tours of the house, renovated by Grace's grandfather and his partners, will benefit The Valerie Fund that allows 6,000 children to receive medical treatment close to home in a safe, child-centric environment.
In May 2018, nine-year old Grace was diagnosed with a germ cell brain tumor. She was brought to The Valerie Fund Children's Center at Newark Beth Israel, and after chemotherapy and radiation treatments, Grace is doing well. As a result of Grace's ordeal, she and her family have become advocates to raise funds for pediatric cancer research.
Grace's grandfather, Dan Reichard, and his partners at ER Development, purchased the circa 1870 home at 950 Hillside Avenue with the intention of creating a space for 20 interior designers to showcase their works, and to raise money for The Valerie Fund's Green Light Initiative, a $5 million capital campaign.
TAPinto Plainfield was granted a sneak peek view at the renovated home decorated to the hilt.
Following are the designers who are participating in the tour.
- Grace's Grand Foyer by The French Martini
- El Morocco Club by JAB Design Group
- Nouveau Rouge by Samuel Robert Signature Spaces
- Grace's Green Garden Sunroom by Liepold Design Group
- Grace's Tea Garden by Jeanne & Alain Barbet and Liz & Dan Reichard
- Geo Gem Powder Room by JMW Interiors
- Dining Room by Mimi & Hill
- Grace's Court, Kitchen by Swati Goorha Designs
- Geometrics by AK Design Studios
- His & Hers Dressing Room by California Closets in Fairfield
- Master Bath by Mendham Interiors
- Hallway by Gail Davis Designs
- Laundry Room by Gail Davis Designs
- The Global Study by Global Home NY
- Zelda Master Bedroom by Butter & Velvet Home Design
- The Claret by Khazi, CD Interior
- Meditation Room & Porch by Marina V. Design Studio
- The Parlor by Tina Ramchandani Creative
- The Parlor Bathroom by DB Interiors
- Grace's Second Floor Foyer by The French Martini
- Momma's Hideaway by B. Garcia Designs
- Grace's Undersea Garden Bath by ANEW Kitchen & Bath
- Space for Grace by Images in Design
- Silver Starlight Retreat by ANEW Kitchen & Bath
The exterior of the house is by DiMattina Design Group.
Grace's House will be open to the public every Thursday through Sunday beginning Thursday, April 25 through Sunday, May 19. Purchase tickets on the The Valerie Fund website. There is also a scheduled Mother's Day event; purchase tickets here.
For more information, contact Bunny Flanders, Director of Marketing and Communications, at email@example.com.
The Valerie Fund's mission is to provide individualized care to children at medical centers close to home, because we believe the most effective way to heal the children in our care is to treat them emotionally, socially and developmentally, as well as medically.