PLAINFIELD, NJ - The Tax March & Community Unity Rally, initiated by Maggie Savoca, who had organized area residents to attend the Women's March in Washington, will take place on Saturday, April 15th in Plainfield's Cedar Brook Park.
The event is billed as a fun day of civic engagement, with a chance to learn about issues and how one can get involved.
In an email, Savoca announced the day's speakers will include:
- Plainfield Mayor Adrian O. Mapp
- Gubernatorial Candidates Bill Brennan, Jim Johnson, Ray Lesniak, and Seth Kaper-Dale
- Assembly D22 Candidate Paul Alirangues,
- Education Advocate Kurt Perhach, Rahway
- Councilman Bob Bresenhan, Jr.
- Colin Sumner, WHS President Young Dems
- Arielle Mizrahi, Outgoing President NJ Student PIRG
- Stephanie Antoine, Hyacinth Foundation
- M Ali Chaudry, a representative from NJ Working Families
- Plainfield Councilwoman Bridget Rivers, who is running for Mayor, with Alma Blanco, running for 2nd / 3rd Ward City Council
- And more...
There will also be a voter registration booth on site, food for sale and Hyacinth Foundation will have its testing van on site.
The event will be in Cedar Brook Park at 199 Randolph Road, near the cricket field and the Shakespeare Garden.
For more information, visit www.taxmarchplainfield.org.