Here is what’s on Tap in the Queen City this week:
Summer Reading Registration at the Library continues.
Free Summer Food while school is out is available for children 18 and younger from June 25 to August 17 at the following locations:
- Hannah Atkins Playground
- Rushmore Playground
- Seidler Field
Snack at 3 pm and Dinner at 6 pm
Pools are still open
- DuCret Week II Kids & Teen Summer Camps continue. Visit website at: http://www.ducret.edu/summer-art-camp/ for details
- Plainfield Library: Music, Magic and Balloon Art 2-3 pm
- BOE Meeting: 6:30 Executive Session and 8 pm Business Meeting at PHS Cafeteria. Click here for agenda: http://www.plainfieldnjk12.org/Board_of_Education/Agendas/2018/July%2031,%202018%20Business%20Meeting%20Agenda.pdf
- YMCA Auction. Click here for details
- Senior Space at the Plainfield Library (10 – 2pm)
- FOPPL Friends of Plainfield Public Library Fundraiser at Houlihans Restaurant, 65 Route 1, Metuchen 5-9 pm. RSVP Maxine Marshall at (201)240-0604. Must present flyer
- Plainfield Public Library: Family Movie “Alvin and the Chipmunks” at 3 pm
- DuCret School of Art: Open Drawing 7-9 pm and “Get Lit” writing Club 7-8 pm
- Music in the Park: Free Community Concert (Idol Competition at 5 pm and Concert at 6 pm) at Milt Campbell Field (1322 East Third Street)
- Dairy Queen celebrates Miracle Treat Day to support the Children’s Miracle Network
- City of Plainfield & Rising Tide Capital: How to Start your Own Business at 6:30 pm to 8 pm at the Unitarian Church (724 Park Ave)
- Plainfield Public Library: Children’s Craft at 2 pm
- DuCret: Fundraiser at Outback Steak House. A percentage of your bill will be donated to DuCret School of Art.
- Plainfield Public Library: Kona Ice Truck at 12 pm will be outside of the library during the reading rewards Fair. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the library.
- City of Plainfield Microchip Clinic for Pets: Fire Station 1147 W 3rd Street from 10 am to 1 pm
- Drake House: Presentation on “What is Jazz and Why it Matters” at 2 pm
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.
Got a tip or an idea for a story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com