PLAINFIELD, NJ - TAPinto what's going on in and around town this week. Read on to learn more about upcoming Plainfield news and events.
- The city council agenda fixing session starts at 7:30 p.m. and will be held in municipal court, 325 Watchung Ave. Download the agenda.
- Girls and boys outdoor track: Tri at Brearley vs. Dayton at 4 p.m.
- Learn to Monoprint. Try this fun method of turning drawings into unique prints at the Plainfield Public Library, 800 Park Ave. For those 11 to 17; at 4 p.m. in Room 5.
- Boys baseball: home game vs. Edison at 4 p.m.
- Union County will host a ‘Pledge and Protect’ training workshop for older LGBTQ adult service providers. Read more here.
- The Plainfield Anti-Violence Coalition invites the community to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Legacy on the 50th Anniversary of his assassination at West 4th and Plainfield Ave at 6:30 p.m.
- The Plainfield Public Library is offering a workshop on Mehndi, the ancient art of henna, for teens and adults. Participants will learn about application techniques and how to draw traditional Indian motifs, and then use real henna paste to make their own designs. Registration is required; call 908-757-1111 ext. 132, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or register online at Eventbrite.
- Girls softball: away at Abraham Clark at 10 a.m.
- Boys baseball: away at Abraham Clark at 10 a.m.
- The Planning Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. in City Hall Library, 515 Watchung Ave.
- Boys baseball: home vs. Summit at 4 p.m.
- Lunch 'n Lecture with Paul McCormack, who has enjoyed a successful portrait career for over 30 years. He will be speaking on his experience as a portrait artist at 12 noon at duCret School of Art, located at 1030 Central Ave. Read more.
- Auditions for Annie, Jr. by Plainfield Acts! take place from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Calling all actors, singers, and dancers age 5 to 17. Plainfield Acts! presents Annie, Jr., an eight-week acting program on Saturdays, 12 noon to 3 p.m. at First Unitarian Society of Plainfield, 724 Park Ave. No experience necessary, and auditions are on Friday, April 6. The program costs $25, and you can sign up on CommunityPass.net.
- Girls outdoor track: Metuchen relays at 8 a.m.
- The New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife has announced they will be stocking Union County’s parks and waterways for the opening day of trout season, starting today at 8 a.m. Read more here to find out which parks will be stocked.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.
Got a tip or an idea for a story? Email email@example.com.