PLAINFIELD, NJ - Here's a look at what's on TAP this week in and around the city to learn more about Plainfield, NJ news and events.
- A candlelight vigil will be held at City Hall Plaza to honor and remember the victims of #Charlottesville at 7:30 pm, 515 Watchung Avenue.
- The Plainfield Public Library is offering a workshop on basic mindfulness and meditation techniques for beginners. All are welcome; no experience is necessary. The workshop will take place in the Anne Louise Davis Room from 6:00 to 8:00 pm, at 800 Park Avenue.
- The Neighborhood Health Services Corporation presents Back-to-School Dental Check-ups at the Neighborhood Health Center, 1700 Myrtle Avenue, from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm
- Free computer classes in Spanish are available at the Plainfield Public Library, 800 Park Avenue, from 9:30 to 11:00 am - MS Word Part 2
- Simple bookbinding at the Plainfield Public Library, for those age 11-17 - learn traditional bookbinding techniques to make simple books and journals. It's free, and materials are provided! At 800 Park Avenue.
- An Historic Preservation Commission meeting will take place in City Hall Library at 7:30 pm, 515 Watchung Avenue.
- The Plainfield Board of Education meets at 8:00 pm at Emerson School, 305 Emerson Avenue. Download agenda here.
- The Neighborhood Health Services Corporation presents Back-to-School Dental Check-ups at the Neighborhood Health Center, 1700 Myrtle Avenue, from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
- Free computer classes in Spanish at the Plainfield Public Library, from 7:00 to 8:30 pm - MS Word Part 2
- For an intermediate level - learn Scratch programming at the library, and create video games and animations. You will also learn about logic and coding. Space is limited, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 908-757-111 ext 139 to reserve your spot.
- Shade Tree Commission meeting takes place at Second Floor Conference Room 203, Plainfield City Hall, 515 Watchung Avenue at 7:30 pm.
- Senior activities at the Plainfield Public Library take place every Wednesday. Here's a look at what to expect this week:
- 10:00-10:30 am: Coffee
- 10:30-11:45 am: Chair Yoga with Valerie
- 12:00-1:30 pm: Senior Citizen Appreciation Week event
- 12:15-1:30 pm: Social services consultation
- 1:30-2:00 pm: Wrap up the day's festivities!
- Visions of God Family Worship Church presents a credit repair workshop, with tips on how to rebuild, repair and improve your credit, at 350 Leland Avenue, starting at 7:00 pm.
- An ice cream social event takes place at Plainfield High School from 5:00 to 7:00 pm.
- Bingo Thursdays at the Plainfield Senior Center, open to Plainfield residents age 55 years and older. For more information, call 908-753-3506.
- This week, the 'Thursdays in the City" series at City Hall Plaza features Rhythm Revue Dance Party. The music starts at 7:00 pm, and the show goes on rain or shine. Grab a friend, and bring a chair!
- The Plainfield Special Improvement District (SID) Family Fun event that was originally scheduled for Aug. 18th has been rescheduled for Aug. 25th from 6:00 to 9:00 pm.
- A KISS GOD Singles Soiree Mix & Mingle event happens at 350 Leland Avenue - music, games, refreshments, and icebreakers! Starts at 7:00 pm.
- A groundbreaking ceremony at 1340-1426 South Avenue (across from Dairy Queen and The Coffee Box) takes place at 10:00 am with Mayor Adrian O. Mapp and members of the City of Plainfield administration, along with JMF Properties for its Quin Sleepy Hollow development.
- A Youth Community Pool Party for those 15-19 years old will take place from 2:00 to 6:00 pm at Hannah Atkins Pool, 508-52 West 3rd Street - there will be music, games and food; plus, a free giveaway to the first 50 teenagers.
- Enjoy a Senior Swim Soiree at Hannah Atkins Pool, 508-52 West 3rd Street, from 3:00 to 7:00 pm. Calling All Seniors Age 55+! Join the party at Hannah Atkins Pool on Sunday, Aug. 27th for a Senior Swim Soiree. There will a bathing suit contest for Best Cover Up, Best Designed Bathing Suit, and Most Colorful Bathing Suit. Lifeguards will be on duty.
Did we miss something? Email us at email@example.com with details.