PLAINFIELD, NJ - TAPinto what's going on in and around town this week. Read on to learn more about upcoming Plainfield, NJ news and events.
- The last City Council meeting of 2017 will take place at 7:00 p.m. in Municipal Court, 325 Watchung Avenue. Download the agenda.
- Create your own Star Wars holiday ornaments at the Plainfield Public Library, 800 Park Avenue. Meet in Room 5 at 4:00 p.m. Read more.
- A ribbon cutting for the Fig Tree Market, which opened on Nov. 2, takes place at 6:00 p.m., at 1220 South Avenue.
- Union County College will host a Healthcare Job Fair at its Plainfield campus from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the Logos Building, 232 East Second Street. Read more.
- The duCret School of Art will be holding a House Tour.. The building was originally a family home in the 1900's, and was converted into a boys school in the 1930's by the Wardlaw-Hartridge School. Tour the historic house and learn about its interesting history as a safe haven for artists. From 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. at 1030 Central Avenue.
- The Shade Tree Commission meets at 7:30 p.m. in conference room 203 on the second floor at City Hall, 515 Watchung Avenue.
- Qello Music Night is at the library at 5:30 p.m. Award-winning actor Ossie Davis narrates this story, The Ghosts of Christmas Eve with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, of a runaway girl's decision to return to her family. For more information, contact Andrew Eason at 908-757-1111 ext.139 or email@example.com.
- The Youth Advisory Board meets at the library at 3:45 p.m. Teens and tweens 11-17 who are interested in influencing what programs the library offers for young people are invited to attend. Meet in Room 5, 800 Park Avenue.
- Designed for those already in business, a workshop on Internet Marketing and Social Media will take place at in the library's Anne Louise Davis room at 6:30 p.m.
- Operation Fuse has been canceled - check out the 2017 Middle School Mixer in its place, for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students in the Plainfield School District. There is a $5 entrance fee in a fundraiser for Hubbard's 8th grade class. School I.D. is required, and music is by DJ Reef. Hubbard Middle School is located at 661 West 8th Street.
- The Plainfield Senior Center is holding a Holiday Bazaar from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. You'll find crafts, jewelry, books, clothing, art, and more. The center is located at 400 East Front Street. Vendors, contact Friends of the Center at 908-753-3506 Tuesday to Thursday, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- TAPinto Plainfield unofficially heard that due to this Saturday's snow storm, another date for the Holiday Craft Fair is being added at duCret School of Arts, 1030 Central Avenue, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. There will be handcrafted greeting cards, art, jewelry, hand painted plates and mugs, and more! For more info, call 908-753-3097.
- Enjoy the Crescent Concerts presentation of Yuletide by Candlelight at 5:00 p.m., Crescent Avenue Presbyterian Church, at Watchung Avenue and East 7th Street. For more info, visit www.crescentconcerts.org.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.