PLAINFIELD, NJ - TAPinto what's going on in and around town this week. Read on to learn more about upcoming Plainfield meetings and events.
- The Plainfield City Council meets at 7 p.m. in Municipal Court, 325 Watchung Ave. Download the agenda.
- Easy Reader Book Club meets in Room 2 at the Plainfield Public Library, 800 Park Ave., at 4 p.m. For more info, call 908-757-1111 x129.
- Girls basketball: a home game against Benedictine Academy, Union County Tournament, at 5 p.m.
- Bowling: vs. Summit at 4 p.m. at Jersey Lanes in Linden
- It's a Black History Scavenger Hunt all month at the Plainfield Public Library.
- AudioTool - Learn how to make your own beats, load & manipulate samples, and more, using this free online app at the Plainfield Public Library. For ages 11-17 in the Computer Lab.
- Leap into Science at the Plainfield Public Library in Room 2 at 5 p.m. For more info, call 908-757-1111 x129.
- Pre-school mass registration is available at The Office of Early Childhood, 209 Berckman St., 5 to 9 p.m. Download the required documents.
- CASA of Union County information session - Have a passion to help the youth in our community? There are over 400 children in foster care right here in Union County. Come to an Information Session to hear more about becoming a CASA Volunteer for a child in need! No special skills or experience needed. From 6 to 7 p.m. at the Colleen Fraser Building, 300 North Ave. East in Westfield.
- Holy Savior Early Education information session - Holy Savior Academy Early Education Information Session, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at 149 South Plainfield Ave. in South Plainfield.
- Girls basketball: a home game, Union County Tournament, TBA
- Boys basketball: away game vs. New Providence at 7 p.m., Union County Tournament
- Pre-school mass registration is available at The Office of Early Childhood, 209 Berckman St., 5 to 9 p.m.
- Just in time - create some Valentine’s Day crafts in Room 2 at the Plainfield Public Library at 3:30 p.m. For more info, 908-757-1111 x129.
- Boys basketball: away at Summit, 7 p.m.
- Wardlaw+Hartridge School presents its second Middle School Musical, Seussical Jr., with performances at 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. in the Berry Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $12 for general admission and $5 for students. To purchase tickets, visit http://twhsnj.booktix.com.
- Girls basketball: away game, Union County Tournament, TBA
- George Washington Remembers New Jersey - from 7 to 8 p.m. Attendees will join General Washington as he reminisces about the war years that earned New Jersey its reputation as the “Cockpit of the Revolution.” At the Trailside Nature and Science Center in Mountainside.
- Come out to support the Plainfield Rescue Squad's Explorers and Cadets programs, and score some sweets at the Plainfield Rescue Squad bake sale. At 700 West Front St., from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Friends of the Plainfield Public Library (FOPPL) invite the public to its event, "Celebrating African American History Through Plainfield Orators, Poetry, Art & Music," to celebrate Black History Month, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. It is free, and refreshments will be served. For more information, contact Chair Leana Walcott at 908-451-1027.
- Boys basketball: Union County Tournament, TBA
- Wrestling: District 13 Tournament at 9 a.m., Phillipsburg HS
- February Festivities at the Trailside Nature and Science Center in Mountainside, for children age five and up accompanied by an adult (pre-registration is required and a modest fee applies):
- Hoo-Hoo Eats Who. Meet some neighborhood owls and learn how to dissect and study owl pellets; 10 to 11 a.m.
- The Journey of Sap to Syrup. See how real maple syrup is made from the sap of a real sugar maple tree (admission to this event is free); 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Meet Live Birds Of Prey. Learn about eagles, falcons and other birds of prey, featuring live birds, demonstrations and hands-on artifacts; 1:30 to 2:15 p.m.
- Animal Clue Winter Walk. Search for signs that animal neighbors have visited and enjoy a campfire with hot chocolate and toast marshmallows; 3 to 4 p.m.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.
Got a tip or an idea for a story? Email email@example.com.