PLAINFIELD, NJ - TAPinto what's going on in and around town this week. Read on to learn more about upcoming Plainfield news and events.
- Looking for a job? Check out Career Connections at the Plainfield Public Library, at 800 Park Ave., from 1 to 4 p.m. You can get help navigating the Department of Labor’s One-Stop website for Job Search Assistance. And you can get personalized resources and support for your unique life situation.
- The girls varsity basketball team will play at 5:30 p.m. at Elizabeth High School.
- The boys varsity basketball team will play at 7 p.m. at St. Patrick's High School.
- Bookbinding for Beginner's is a workshop for 11-17 year olds to learn how to make a Japanese-style 4-hole book binding at 4 p.m. at the library. Materials are provided.
- The NAN Plainfield Tech World Digital Literacy 12-week workshop series begins at New Covenant Church, 225 East 7th Street, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. In weeks 1-4, learn about computer basics and digital literacy; in weeks 5-8, it's intermediate digital literacy, including a review of the Google suite of products; and in weeks 9-12, advanced digital literacy, learn how to create a website, and more. Register here.
- The Plainfield Board of Education will hold a Work & Study Session at 8 p.m. Action may be taken. Download the agenda.
- The boys wrestling team will be at home against Union High School, at 5:30 p.m.
- It's Qello Music Night with Alicia Keys VH1 Storytellers at the Plainfield Public Library at 3:30 p.m. Try Qello at home, too!
- The NAN Plainfield Tech World Digital Literacy 12-week workshop series at New Covenant Church, will also be held on Wednesdays from 6 to 8 p.m. Register here.
- Senior Space at the Plainfield library is a place for older adults to learn and socialize through activities, classes and more! Yoga, Art, Healthy Eating, Resources for Seniors are just a few of the offerings. All activities are free.
- 10 to 10:30 a.m: -Coffee and light refreshments
- 10:30 to 11:45 a.m - Chair Yoga with Valerie
- 12 to 1:30 p.m. - Hand Massage with Kim Todd
- 1 to 2 p.m. - Social Service Consultation
- The girls varsity basketball team will play at 6:00 p.m. at St. Mary of the Assumption High School.
- Career Connections at the Plainfield Public Library, from 3 to 8 p.m.
- The Plainfield Public Library is a PearsonVue GED testing center. Through a unique partnership with NJLWD, participants in the Library’s free GED preparation program may be qualified to have their testing fees waived. To sign up or for more information, contact the Literacy Department at 908-757-1111 ext122 or visit www.ged.com to register. 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Line Up for Learning, a K-8 literacy and math family night will be held at Plainfield High School from 6 to 8 p.m. There will be games, giveaways, speakers and other activities, too. For more info, email Dyane Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Career Connections at the Plainfield Public Library, from 1 to 4:45 p.m.
- The Y.E.S. League starts tonight at Maxson Middle School.
- The boys varsity basketball team will play at Immaculata High School; the time is to be announced.
- The girls varsity basketball team will play at 1 p.m. at Rahway High School.
- The boys wrestling team will compete at the Union County Tournament at Union High School, starting at 9 a.m.
- It's Storytime with Barry Goode from 12 to 1 p.m. in the Children's Room at the Plainfield Public Library.
- Career Connections at the Plainfield Public Library, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Mayor Adrian O. Mapp and First Lady Amelia Mapp will host the 10th Annual MLK Potluck and Food Drive in their home at 535 West 8th Street, starting at 6 p.m. Food and toiletry items will be donated to the food pantry at Shiloh Baptist Church.
- The girls and boys indoor track teams will compete at the UCIAC Relays at the Jersey City Armory starting at 8:30 a.m.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.