PLAINFIELD, NJ — TAPinto what's going on in and around town this week. Read on to learn more about upcoming Plainfield meetings and events on our radar.
- Plainfield City Hall is closed.
- The Plainfield Public Schools district, Cresthaven Academy, Queen City Academy Charter School.
- The Plainfield Public Library will be closed.
- Frontiers International will host its 45th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Celebration online at 10 a.m. Learn more here.
- According to communication from the Plainfield Municipal Utilities Authority, trash pickup on Plainfield's east end — in zones 3, 4, 6, 9 and 10 — will be collected, although PMUA offices and the transfer station will be closed.
- The Plainfield Board of Education's Business Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. Visit the district's website for agendas (see Board Docs) and the link to join meeting.
- The City Council meets at 7 p.m. Join the Zoom meeting here.
- The Plainfield Zoning Board meets at 7 p.m. Join the Zoom meeting here.
ZBA 2020-18 1513 Charlotte Road
- 2020-07-30 Application
- 2020-10-19 Waiver Request
- 2020-07 Variance Request
- 2020-02-14 Plan of Survey
- 2020-09-28 Site Plan
ZBA 2019-14-224 Monroe Ave
- 01-11-01 Survey
- 2019-10-18 Survey
- 2001-224 Monroe Ave Deed
- 2007-224 Monroe Ave Deed
- 224 Monroe Ave Exhibits -1.15.2020
- Zoning Board Application -8.5.2019
ZBA 2018-32-300 Park Ave
- 2019-07-17 P&F Site Plan
- Application & Supporting Documents
- 2019-05-10 Site & Ground Floor Plan
- An opportunity to get tested will be held at Queen City Academy Charter School, 815 West 7th Street, in partnership with the City of Plainfield, on Thursday, Jan. 21 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Results will be provided 48 to 72 hours later, with the lab contacting participants.
- The Plainfield Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Join the Zoom meeting here.
PB 2020-29 1206-1242 South Ave
- Site Plan Rendering
- Aerial Map Exhibit
- 1222 South Ave Submission Package 2020-10-20
- Filing Packet 2020-11-20
- 2020-12-28 1222 South Ave Copy
- 1222 South Ave Site Plan
PB 2019-17 1052 E. 2nd Street
- Rendering of Proposed Mixed-Use Building
- Site Plan Set
- 2020-10-01 Application
- 2020-09-24 Waiver Request Application
- 2020-07-09 Union Soil Conservation
- Narrative Description
- 20-05-19 Proposed Re-use into Mixed-Use Development
PB 2020-17 120-28 West Fifth Street
- 1929 TA&D Engineering Review #1-10/21/2020
- Engineering Review #2 -10/22/2020
- 1929 Completeness Review Letter 9.9.2020
- 1929 Planning Board CR 9.11.2020
- 20-07-30 Application
- Additional Documents
- Another testing opportunity is limited to Plainfield Public Schools staff and students who can get tested at Plainfield High School — 950 Park Avenue — on Saturday, Jan. 23 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the school cafeteria. The testing event is in partnership with Neighborhood Health Services Corporation. Those interested in taking the test, must pre-register online. No one will be provided the test without registering prior to the day of testing. Registration will close on Thursday, January 21 at 5:00 p.m. Register Here.
- A drive-thru emergency food distribution event will take place at Union County Vocational Technical School at 1776 Raritan Road in Scotch Plains, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. The first 1,000 vehicles will receive boxes of produce and shelf stable food. Bring proof of NJ residency. For more information, visit https://cfbnj.org/findfood or text 'findfood' for English and 'comida' for Spanish to 908-224-7776.
Recently, TAPinto Plainfield joined the elite 1 Million Page Views Club for 2020, and this year we want to grow our reach even more! To do, so we need the community to help by featuring events and news about Plainfield, including:
- Civic groups, charitable organizations, individuals and businesses helping in the community
- Youth groups and sports teams
- Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts
- School clubs
- Events at your house of worship
- Fundraisers including tricky trays and car washes
- Citizen recognition and awards
- Local events
- Any announcement or news you'd like to share with your neighbors
You can submit content through our website by clicking on the "Submit Content" button located in the upper right side of the front page, where you will be brought to a menu with the following options:
- Calendar events
- Letters to the editor
- Guest columns
- Candidate statements
You can also submit premium listings, including classifieds, real estate listings or business directory listings. Obituaries can be submitted through area funeral homes.
For our marketing partners, we offer targeted advertising, content marketing, email marketing, and sponsorship opportunities to help them brand their products or services, and improve their bottom line. We have availability for sponsorships of popular sections:
- Athlete of the Week
- Health and Wellness
- and two new sections launching soon.
Our advertisers enable us to continue to provide you with local online news for free.
Our readers can be your customers. Call 908-279-0303 ex.257 to request more information about business marketing opportunities.