Here is what’s on Tap in the Queen City this week July 9th to July14th:
Free Summer Food while school is out is available for children 18 and younger from June 25 to August 17 at the following locations:
- Hannah Atkins Playground
- Rushmore Playground
- Seidler Field
Snack at 3 pm and Dinner at 6 pm
- Summer Camp begins at Cedarbrook School located at 1049 Central Ave from 8 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday (July 2 to Aug. 10th). Applications are available at the City Hall Annex.
- City Council Combined (Agenda Fixing/Combined Regular) Meeting: 7:00 pm at the Municipal Courthouse at 325 Watchung Ave. Click here to view the agenda
- Plainfield Public Library: Puppet Show in the Children’s Library at 11:30 am
- Plainfield Public Library: Learn to Code while questing thru Dungeons and Fantasy Lands (Ages 8 - 18) 4-5 pm
- Plainfield Idol 2018 – Amateur Singing Competition for ages 8 – 18 yrs. Auditions take place at 5 pm at the DuCret School of Art located at 1030 Central Ave.
- Senior Space: 10 – 2 pm This week’s activities include a welcome back “picnic”, Senior Fit with w/Laura, Discussion on “Wills, Power of Attorney and Medical Directives” with Angela McKnight, and “Relax, Focus and Expand” with Zentangle Coloring. Social Service resources are also available.
- Plainfield Public Library: Family Movie “Moana” at 3 pm in the Anne Louise Davis Room
- Zoning Board & Adjustments Meeting: 7:30 pm at the Plainfield City Hall Library
- DuCret School of Art: Open Drawing 7-9 pm and “Get Lit” writing Club 7-8 pm
- PNC Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting: 211 W. Front Street branch 6 - 8 pm
- Plainfield Public Library: Kids Summer Craft at 2 pm
- Thursdays in the City Movie: Lego Ninjago at 8:30 pm at Hanna Atkins Playground
- DuCret School of Art: “Fix your Face” workshop on drawing faces and portraits by Frank Falotico 9 am to noon
- Plainfield Public Library: Family Movie
- 1st Annual Queen City Film Festival at 724 Park Ave, Plainfield NJ from 7 – 9 pm featuring screenings of short films crafted in and around Plainfield. Hosted by BKS1 Radio Network
- DuCret School of Art: 1 day Kids workshop “Turn Mud into Something” 9 am – 12 pm
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.
Got a tip or an idea for a story? Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org