PLAINFIELD, NJ - Here's a look at what's on TAP this week in and around the City of Plainfield.
Monday, June 26
- The Plainfield Area Y summer camp starts. LEARN MORE
- A Plainfield High School soccer camp for boys begins. The program runs from June 26 through August 15, 9:00 to 11:00 am. Meet at Maxson Middle School field at 920 East 7th Street. This camp is for students who will be in 6th through 12th grades, and who reside in town. For more information, contact the Camp Coordinator, Ronald Umana, by calling 908-208-2726, or email email@example.com.
- A Summer Enrichment Program for children will run from June 26 to September 1, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm at New Covenant Church, located at 225 East 7th Street. Participants will experience read alouds, learn reading strategies, math facts and science. There will be picnics and field trips. To register, call 908-226-0223, ext 103.
- A Plainfield Board of Education special meeting is scheduled. DOWNLOAD SPECIAL MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, June 27
- Associated Humane Societies' mobile clinic will be at City Hall at 515 Watchung Avenue providing low cost spay and neuter services for your pet. Appointments can be made by calling 973-824-7080.
- A workshop will be held at the Plainfield Public Library to learn more about the New Jersey bail reform/speedy trial law that went into effect earlier this year. Meet in the Anne Louise Davis room at 7:00 pm. The library is located at 800 Park Avenue.
- The Plainfield Board of Education meeting will be held at 8:00 pm at the high school. DOWNLOAD AGENDA
Wednesday, June 28
- The final session of What Happens Next interactive writing workshop takes place at the Plainfield Public Library. Meet in the Computer Lab, 4:00 to 6:00 pm.
- Senior Space at the library, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. For more information, contact Covenant Place at 908-791-9430.
- Start the day with coffee at 10:00 am
- Chair Yoga with Valerie, 10:30 to 11:45 am
- Make It Yourself: Healthy Snacks with Shoprite - Natalie, 11:30 am to 1:00 pm
- Basic Internet Skills computer class, 12:15 to 1:30 pm
- Enjoy a snack, 12:00 to 12:30 pm
- The day wraps up by 2:00 pm!
Thursday, June 29
- The first in the "Thursdays in the City Movie Nights" takes place at Rushmore Field, located at 1401-1508 West 3rd Street. Enjoy Sing, the story of humanoid animals who compete in a singing competition. The 2016 animated comedy features Matthew McConaughey, Reese Witherspoon, and Seth MacFarlane. The movie will begin at dusk. For more information, call 908-753-3097.
Friday, June 30
- Plainfield continues its celebration of Pride Month with the presentation of Five Husbands, a theatrical reading that will take place at First Unitarian Society of Plainfield, located at 724 Park Avenue, at 7:30 pm. READ MORE
- A fundraiser for Angels for Action, a non-profit organization dedicated to sponsoring free education and training programs, will be held at Buffalo Wild Wings, located at 1599 Route 22 West in Watchung.
- Check out the Trailside Nature & Science Center's summer family programs, including a Family Camp-Out, that will begin at 6:00 pm, and Stream Roll at 10:00 am. Register for Trailside programs at www.ucnj.org/trailside.
Did we miss something? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details.