PLAINFIELD, NJ - TAPinto what's going on in and around town this week. Read on to learn more about upcoming Plainfield news and events.
- The Plainfield City Council Agenda Fixing Session will take place at 7:30 p.m. in municipal court, 325 Watchung Ave. Read more, and download the agenda.
- The second of two seminars on How to Write a Business Plan will take place at La Caravana BBQ Restaurant, 179 North Ave., from 6 to 8 p.m. Call 908-226-2513 for more information.
- The first of three 2018 budget hearings with the Union County Freeholders will be held at the Union County Vocational-Technical Schools, in the Administration Building Board Room. The following departments are on the agenda: Department of Administrative Services, The County Counsel, Department of Economic Development, The Department of Human Services, The Department of Public Safety. The school is located at 1776 Raritan Road in Scotch Plains, and the meeting starts at 5 p.m.
- The Board of Education Work & Study Session will be held in the conference room at the high school at 8 p.m. Action may be taken. Download the agenda.
- Teens and tweens 11-17 are invited to make figures and objects using Perler Beads, fusible plastic beads. In Room 5 at 4 p.m. at the library. For more info, call 908-757-1111 x139 or email email@example.com.
- The Union County Freeholders Agenda Setting Session & Regular Meeting in Elizabeth will take place at 10 Elizabethtown Plaza on the 6th floor.
- The 1st Annual Black History Trivia Bowl at Plainfield high school, at 6 p.m. Light refreshments will be served. Download the flyer.
- The classic Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham, serving up both laughs and life lessons, will be shown at 3:30 p.m. at the library.
- The First Unitarian Society of Plainfield (FUSP) will show the 2016 documentary film by Robert Greenwald, Making A Killing: Guns, Greed and the NRA, on Friday, March 9 at 7 p.m. as part of its free Second Friday Film Series. Read more.
- Storytime with Barry Goode at 12 noon in the Children's Room; 800 Park Ave.
- Presenter William Taylor will hold a PARCC practice test workshop on Saturday, March 10 at 1 p.m. in Room 5.
- The Plainfield Symphony Orchestra presents an evening of music by Shostakovich, "A Light from the Darkness." Learn more and purchase tickets here.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.