PLAINFIELD, NJ - TAPinto what's going on in and around town this week. Read on to learn more about upcoming Plainfield news and events. There's something for everyone!
- A special public meeting will be held at 7 p.m. in municipal court, 325 Watchung Ave. to amend the 2018 municipal budget. Download the amendments.
- Boys volleyball: a home match against Union at 4 p.m.
- Boys baseball: a home game vs. Abraham Clark at 4 p.m.
Click here to see the district's spring sports schedules.
- Bilingual Storytime at 3:30 p.m. in the Children’s Room at the Plainfield Public Library, 800 Park Ave.
- Storymakers, for 11-17 year olds, held in Room 5 at the library. Try out some techniques that might help you tell stories more fluidly and confidently than ever before. Use story cubes, make your own random story prompt materials, figure out different ways to interpret prompts and more. At 4 p.m.
- Block association meeting: what's going on in the community? No agenda, no speeches, just a chance to ask questions and voice concerns. Contact Officer Carter at 908-510-6013 for more information.
- Girls softball: a home game at 4 p.m. vs. Abraham Clark.
- The Historic Preservation Commission meets at 7:30 p.m. in City Hall Library, located at 515 Watchung Ave.
- The Plainfield Rescue Squad’s Cadets will be holding an event to celebrate National EMS Week at the library, from 6 to 8 p.m. Learn more.
- The Plainfield Veterans Transitional Housing Program is a partnership between the Homefirst Interfaith Housing & Family Services, Inc. and the City of Plainfield with an objective of offering homeless veterans transitional housing, in a service-rich environment, as they forge a pathway to self-sufficiency and permanent housing. A Kickoff Breakfast will introduce program partners, provide updates on renovations to Dudley House and share the goals and plans to provide the support services for the transitional housing program. At City Hall Library, 8 to 10 a.m. Learn more.
- "Who Done It?" Mystery Program: calling all mystery solvers! Put your detective skills to use and help us solve the case. In the Children's Room at the library at 3:30 p.m.
- LitChat at 7 p.m. Not your average book group! Use question cards as prompts to have a lively discussion. There is no required reading and ages 14+ are welcome. There will be light refreshments.
- Girls softball: an away game at Roselle Catholic, at 4 p.m.
- The Shade Tree Commission meets in the conference room on the second floor in City Hall at 7:30 p.m.
- Senior Space at the library from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Senior Space is a place for older adults to learn, and socialize through activities, classes and more,
- Members of the Plainfield Rescue Squad will hold hands-on CPR and stop-the-bleed demonstrations as they continue to celebrate National EMS Week at the library, 6 to 8 p.m. All are welcome.
- Baseball: an away game vs. Timothy Christian School at 4 p.m.
- Track: NJSIAA Sectional Championship at Ridge High School, 3 p.m.
- Track: NJSIAA Sectional Championship at Ridge High School, 9 a.m.
- Let’s go swimming! Hannah Atkins Pool opens, and will be open on weekends 12 to 6 p.m. until June 23, then open daily 12 to 6 p.m. Rushmore and Seidler pools will open Saturday, June 23, and be open daily 12 to 6 p.m. For more information, call 908-753-3097.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.
Got a tip or an idea for a story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.