PLAINFIELD, NJ - Here's a look at what's on TAP this week in and around the city to learn more about Plainfield, NJ news and events.
- The City of Plainfield will hold a 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony to observe the 16th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Read more.
- Chair Fitness classes are on Mondays at the Plainfield YMCA, at 518 Watchung Avenue. The free classes take place from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Register on CommunityPass.net.
- Storytime with Ms. Rosa take place at 6:00 p.m. at the Plainfield Public Library, 800 Park Avenue.
- The City Council meeting will take place at 8:00 p.m. in Municipal Court, 325 Watchung Avenue. An amendment to ordinance MC 2017-27 is on the agenda. Learn more from reporting by Bernice Paglia.
The agenda is available in both English and Spanish.
- The Plainfield Cardinals boys soccer team plays at Union at 4:00 p.m. The girls team plays Roselle Park at home, 4:00 p.m.
- The Plainfield Cardinals girls tennis team plays at 4:00 p.m. at Governor Livingston.
- A free healthy food tasting event will take place at Plainfield's Canela's Grocery and Deli from 2:30 to 4:00 pm, as a part of the New Jersey Healthy Corner Store Initiative. This initiative connects corner store owners and neighborhood partners with resources to access fruits, vegetables, and other healthy food options.
- The Plainfield Cardinals girls tennis team plays at 4:00 p.m. at home against Union Catholic.
- The YMCA Achievers Program, open to Union County teens, will host an Open House for the 2017-2018 school year at the Westfield Area YMCA, 220 Clark Street at 7:00 p.m. Read more about the program here.
- One of the Children's Events at the Plainfield Public Library are Crafts at 4:00 p.m.
- The Plainfield Cardinals boys soccer team will play Linden at home at 4:00 p.m. The girls team plays at Benedictine Academy at 4:00 p.m.
- The Plainfield Cardinals girls tennis team takes on Jonathan Dayton at home at 4:00 p.m.
- Check out the free Adult Cardio Strength classes, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Fridays at the Plainfield YMCA. Register on CommunityPass.net. The Plainfield YMCA is located at 518 Watchung Avenue.
- The Plainfield Cardinals football team will play at Union at 7:00 p.m.
- Iris House will hold a Community Health Fair at Chase Plaza, at West Front Street and Park Avenue, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The goal of the event is to bring health care screenings such as but not limited to glucose, cholesterol, hypertension, and HIV testing and other supportive services to the community. The purpose is to bring awareness and prevention information about HIV/AIDS to the Plainfield community. Every 25 minutes a woman is diagnosed with HIV in the United States and recent studies reveal frightening levels of HIV prevalence among Black and Latina women and young men in New Jersey, so it has never been more important or urgent to address the incredible health disparities facing the women and families in our communities.
Did we miss something? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free daily paper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.