PLAINFIELD, NJ - Here's a look at what's on TAP this week in and around the city to learn more about Plainfield, NJ news and events.
- It's Labor Day - The Plainfield Public Library will be closed.
- The Metropolitan SDA Church, at 1003 West 4th Street, is holding a Back-to-School Fun Day, starting at 4:00 pm. Food, fun and school supplies/book bag give aways.
- The City Council Agenda Fixing Session will take place at 7:30 pm at Plainfield City Hall Library, 515 Watchung Avenue. The agendas have been released in both English and Spanish.
- The Girls Varsity Tennis team takes on Union at home at 4:00 pm.
- Classes at duCret School of Art start. Learn more about what's offered, and to register.
- For 11-17 year olds, at 4:00 pm check out Xbox Gaming on the big screen in the Anne Louise Davis Room at the Plainfield Public Library, 800 Park Avenue.
- Classes at the NAN Plainfield Tech begin. Learn more about the classes being offered, and how you can register.
- The Plainfield Board of Education will meet at Hubbard Middle School, 661 West 8th Street, at 8:00 pm. The agenda includes a resolution for Leverett Education Consulting (LEC) to be paid $17,100. Dr. Leverett pitched the BOE at the Aug. 22nd meeting; you can learn more here and listen to a recording of the presentation.
- Welcome back, students! School starts today; do you have all of your supplies?
- 3rd Annual Calling 100 Men welcomes students at Hubbard Middle School back to school. Meet at 7:30 am; wear business attire. For more info, call Richard Wyatt at 908-623-0909, or Yusef Greene at 908-531-7599.
- The Zoning Board meets at 7:00 pm at Plainfield City Hall Library, 515 Watchung Avenue.
- For 11-17 year olds, at 4:00 pm, enjoy Simple Bookbinding. You'll learn traditional bookbinding techniques to make simple books and journals. In Room 5 at the library, materials are provided.
- The Boys Varsity Soccer team plays Scotch Plains-Fanwood at home today. The Girls Varsity Soccer team plays away at Hillside. Both matches start at 4:00 pm.
- The Girls Varsity Tennis team takes on Cranford at home, playing at 4:00 pm.
- The Planning Board meets at 7:30 pm at Plainfield City Hall Library, 515 Watchung Avenue.
- The Plainfield Public Library will be closed.
- The Housing Authority of Plainfield/Richmond Towers and Joanne Hollis Gardens Resident Association will hold a Flea Market at 510/520 East Front Street. Rain date is Sept. 16th. For more info, call Jacqueline Miller at 908-769-6335 ext. 600/612, or Zena Sutton, ext. 629/888.
- The Plainfield Cardinals open their football season at Hub Stine field at Randolph Road, starting at 1:00 pm, The Cardinals take on Immaculata High School.
- The Plainfield Symphony Orchestra presents "Symphony Soiree" tonight, a fundraiser to be held at the home of Kate and Rob Fleschler, at 1050 Rahway Road, from 7:00 to 10:00 pm. Learn more here.
- There will be a "Genealogy for Beginners" workshop at the Drake House Museum, located at 602 West Front Street at 2:00 pm. Learn more here.
Did we miss something? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free daily paper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.