PLAINFIELD, NJ — Wondering what's going on in and around Plainfield this weekend? Here's a sneak peek at some events. Have an event of your own to publish? Just click on 'submit content' in the upper right corner of our site.
- Enjoy a free meal, sponsored by The Mount Olive Deaconess Ministry at The Mount Olive Baptist Church, from noon to 2 p.m. at 216 Liberty Street.
- Check out the 2nd Annual Harvest Festival at the Plainfield Public Library, 800 Park Ave., from 2 to 4 p.m. Green Meadows Farm will be providing a petting zoo and pony rides (first-come, first-served) and there will be plenty of fun activities, along with visits by the police and fire departments.
- The Plainfield Division of Parks and Recreation is hosting its “New Residents Bus Tour. Tours are typically hosted semi-annually in the fall and spring, and highlight recreational amenities and points of historical interests around town. A complimentary bag filled with gifts from local merchants and community service information will be provided to participants. Meet in the parking lot at City Hall, 515 Watchung Ave.
- The Plainfield Cardinals football team takes on Franklin High School at home at 1 p.m., Hub Stine Field.
- Union County’s annual public heritage event, “Four Centuries in a Weekend: A Journey through Union County’s History,” include The Drake House Museum, duCret School of Art, and the Quaker Meetinghouse. The two-day free event, from noon to 5 p.m., opens the doors to more than 370 years of history throughout the county. Download the brochure for the full list of historic sites on the tour.
- Mark your calendar for an Open House at Saint Joseph High School in Metuchen, starting at 11:30 a.m. Learn more here.
- St. Bartholomew Academy in Scotch Plains will also hold an Open House, starting at 11:30 a.m. Read more.
- “Four Centuries in a Weekend: A Journey through Union County’s History” continues, from noon to 5 p.m.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.