(TRENTON) – The Assembly Transportation and Independent Authorities Committee Chairman Daniel Benson will join with the Senate Transportation Committee on Thursday, August 16 to receive testimony and discuss the recent closures, cancellations, and delays afflicting NJ Transit riders.
“Many residents will be affected by recently announced Atlantic City station closures and riders have already been impacted by the inconvenient delays and cancellations currently happening throughout the system. On Thursday, we will hear from stakeholders and discuss what is being done to safely resolve commuters and the traveling public's concerns,” said Benson (D-Mercer, Middlesex).
The following individuals and groups have been invited to provide testimony:
- Asm. Vince Mazzeo and Asm. John Armato
- Diane Gutierrez-Scaccetti, Department of Transportation Commissioner
- Kevin Corbett, NJ Transit Executive Director
- Ron Sabol Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation Workers/ James Brown,Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen
- Marty Robins, The founding director of the Alan M. Voorhees Transportation Center
- Nick Sifuentes, Tri-State Transportation Campaign
- David Peter Alan, Lackawanna Coalition
The joint hearing will be held on Thursday, August 16th in the State House Annex in Trenton. The hearing will begin at 10:30 in Committee Room 4.