PLAINFIELD, NJ - The Central Jersey Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.
will partner with AARP and the Richmond Towers Resident Association in Plainfield to provide a Financial Exploitation and Elder Abuse Prevention Seminar.
The April 15th seminar aims to:
- Promote prevention of elder abuse by raising awareness of common forms of financial abuse, predators, and scams
- Advise seniors of best practices to prevent becoming victims financial elder abuse crimes
- Educate caregivers on how to detect, intervene and prevent financial elder abuse and exploitation
- Motivate, help and empower seniors to learn smart money habits to safeguard their money and personal assets
This workshop is free, but reservations are required. You can RSVP on their Eventbrite page or call 732-419-7787.
Richmond Towers is located at 510 East Front Street in Plainfield.
About Central Jersey Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.
Central Jersey Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., chartered in 1975, celebrates 40 years of public service to central New Jersey communities including Somerset, Union and Middlesex counties. It is a sisterhood of college-educated women who exemplify and promote scholarship. Central Jersey Alumnae Chapter is one of the more than 900 chapters of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated located in the United States, England, Japan (Tokyo and Okinawa), Germany, the Virgin Islands, Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Republic of Korea.
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. seeks to enhance and aid in the development of its communities by implementing and following the Five Point Programmatic Thrust of its national organization through:
- Educational Development
- Economic Development
- International Awareness and Involvement
- Physical and Mental Health
- Political Awareness and Involvement
For more information visit their website at www.cjadeltas.org.