TRENTON — Governor Phil Murphy announced the Your Voice, Your Shot video contest that urges New Jersey residents to share why they and others are getting vaccinated.
The contest calls for compelling, creative and captivating videos, and a number of finalists will be chosen. The public will then be invited to vote on their favorites. The winning video will be used in the State of New Jersey's COVID-19 public health campaign.
“We’re fortunate so many talented, creative, and passionate individuals call our state home. So the same way we’ve made previous calls to serve in support of our state’s response to the pandemic, we’re inviting the public to get behind and in front of the camera for an important cause,” said Gov. Murphy. "Whether you’re a filmmaker, community group member, or just someone with a smartphone and a story to tell, we want to hear from you.”
- Explain why you or others are getting vaccinated
- Be consistent with New Jersey Department of Health guidelines regarding vaccination
- Be your original idea
- Only feature individuals who consent to be filmed
- Be submitted by May 11 no later than 11:59 p.m. (EDT)
Videos may be in any language and recorded in any format.
Videos must NOT
- Be more than 30 seconds long
- Feature any material subject to copyright
- Depict any person without their consent
- Feature any illegal, obscene, or hateful content
To enter the contest, participants must share their video on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or TikTok), tag @NJGov, and include the hashtag #YourVoiceYourShotNJ. The deadline for submissions is May 11, 2021. More information, including additional contest guidelines, can be found at covid19.nj.gov/yourvoice.