PLAINFIELD, NJ - TAPinto what's going on in and around town this week. Read on to learn more about upcoming Plainfield meetings and events.
- VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! Find your polling place. View a sample ballot. See election results. What Is Public Question No. 1?
- The Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders joins Union County College for a special screening of “Love Wins” followed by a discussion with filmmaker Robin Kampf, and “Love Wins” co-stars Jan Moore and Emily Sonnessa. The event, free and open to the public, will be held at 12 p.m. at Union County College, 1033 Springfield Avenue in Cranford in room N-4.
- The Zoning Board will meet at 7 p.m. in the library at City Hall, 515 Watchung Ave.
- Want to write a novel? Stop by the Plainfield Public Library, 800 Park Ave., for NaNoWriMo, 7 to 8:30 p.m. in Room 3.
- "Incident at Willow Creek," a play by Benjamin Marshall, will take place at the Plainfield Senior Center, 400 East Front Street, 6 to 8 p.m. The play is open to everyone, and there is no cost.
- Football: 1 p.m. at Paterson's Eastside High School
- Kid's Movie: "Big Hero" - 2 p.m. in the Anne Louise Davis Room.
- The Union County Freeholders will hold a mobile Agenda Setting Session and a Regular Meeting in Westfield at 7 p.m. in the Town Hall Council Meeting Room, 425 East Broad Street.
- Address Yourself and The City of Plainfield present a First-Time Homebuyer Workshop at Visions of God, 350 Leland Ave. from 6:30 to 8 p.m. RSVP to Annette Brent at 908-226-2557 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Schools in the Plainfield Public School district are closed for the NJEA Conference.
- Leap into Science at 11 a.m. in Room 2 at the library; for ages 3 to 6 years and their parents.
- Zoom Balloons - a balloon art and origami craft with Earl Hicks at the library in the Anne Louise Davis room at 1 p.m. For more info, call 908-757-1111 ext. 129.
- Storytime with Councilman Barry Goode, at 12 p.m. in the Children's Room at the library.
- The Drake House presents “Let’s Talk Quilts,” a lecture with Susan Jerome at 7 p.m. She will discuss definitions and ideas surrounding the word “quilt.” Learn about textile history and how technological changes in producing fabric influenced the production of quilts and the use of time during the 19th century. The audience is encouraged to bring one quilt or a quilted object with them for discussion.
- Girls Cross-Country: NJSIAA Group Meet at 8 a.m. in Holmdel Park
- The Kitchen Re-Opening Gala, an event being held to support the reopening of the Crescent Avenue Presbyterian Church's kitchen, which is used, in part, to aid the CAPC soup kitchen mission. The night will include live music, a cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. From 6 to 10 p.m. Learn more.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.
Got a tip or an idea for a story? Email email@example.com.