PLAINFIELD, NJ — Here is a round-up of this week’s upcoming events in Plainfield. There is something for everyone in the Queen City. Did we miss anything?
- Plainfield Public Library and Plainfield Public Schools will be closed in observance of President's Day.
- The Board of Education's business meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. at Plainfield High School, 950 Park Avenue.
- STEAM: Light and Shadow at the Plainfield Public Library, 800 Park Avenue, includes hands-on science experiments for all ages and their parents. Join in for a fun learning experience. At 3:30 p.m. in Room 2.
- Girls Basketball: UCAIC Round 1 vs. Oak Knoll School at 4:30 p.m.
- The Alcoholic Beverage Council meets at 7 p.m. in City Hall Library. Learn more here.
- Boys Basketball: Union County Tournament TBD
- Black History Jeopardy at the Plainfield Public Library. Test your knowledge of black history in this fun program.
- Boys Basketball: the Cardinals take on Roselle Catholic on Cheerleaders Senior Night, at 7 p.m. at Plainfield High School.
- Girls Basketball: UCIAC Quarterfinal TBD
- The Art of Head Wrapping at the Plainfield Public Library, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Come learn the history of head wrapping and how to style your head wrap. Registration is recommended. To sign up, email email@example.com. Space is limited.
- The Frontiers International Plainfield Area Club Westry Horne Cultural and Heritage Series present an educational seminar “In the Spirit of Sankofa -- Slavery in New Jersey Learning From the Past to Prevail in the Present with Prof. Bill Davis. The program will be Saturday, February 22, 2020 from 1- 3 pm at the Clinton Elementary School Cafetorium, 1302 W. 4th St.
- Boys Basketball: UCIAC Quarterfinal
- Wrestling: District 13 Tournament at Phillipsburg High School at 9 a.m.
- Spirituals in Concert — To celebrate Black History Month, enjoy an afternoon of African American Spirituals with Augustine Mercante, Countertenor, Melanie Campbell, Mezzo Soprano, Madison Washington, Alto, Crescent Avenue Chancel Choir, Cab Calloway Chamber Singers. Buy your tickets at the door, or online HERE. Crescent Avenue Presbyterian Church is located at 716 Watchung Avenue.
- The “Plainfield Symphony Presents” series will feature all types of music in various venues. The series launches this Sunday with Schubert’s Cello Quintet at the historic Quaker Meeting House, 225 Watchung Avenue. An afternoon tea will be held immediately following the concert in the newly completed Community Wing of the Meeting House. Learn more.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.