PLAINFIELD, NJ - Do you have plans this weekend? Here are a few events in and around Plainfield that you might want to add to your agenda.
- 'Historic Haunts of Central Jersey' at Plainfield's Drake House Museum, at 3 p.m. Stop by 602 West Front St. This event is based upon Gordon Ward’s book, “Ghosts of Central Jersey,” and will include a presentation that mixes photographs of investigation sites, documented tales, and live music.
- Hispanic Heritage Scavenger Hunt continues at the Plainfield Public Library.& Celebrate Hispanic Americans who have made history with their unique talents. Earn a prize as you find their faces hidden all around the Children's Room. At 800 Park Ave. at 9 a.m.
- Genealogy Club Meeting at the Plainfield Public Library at 10:30 a.m. Genealogist Gail Hahn will present her techniques for researching early New Jerseyans. This program is free and open to the public.
- Plainfield's Fire Division will hold a parade and safety fair starting at 10 a.m. The parade will start at 11 a.m., and the route runs from City Hall to E. Front Street.
- More than twenty LGBTQ health and wellness providers will be at the first Union County LGBTQ+ Community Health and Wellness Fair at Union County College (1033 Springfield Ave, Cranford) from 12 noon until 4:00 PM. All are welcome. Admission and parking is free. Learn more here.
- The Plainfield Cardinals will take on the Linden Tigers on the gridiron at Hub Stine Complex, 1410 Randolph Rd. on Saturday, Oct. 5, and the game will have a later kickoff time at 2 p.m.
- The Animal Initiative Committee is holding the 20th annual Plainfield Celebration of Animals at 1:30 p.m. at Leland Park, next to Cook Elementary School.
- Crescent Avenue Presbyterian Church will host a free concert at 3:00 p.m. as part of its 175th anniversary celebration. A concert reception follows. The concert features organ and piano selections played by Cameron Kuzepski, the new Crescent Avenue Director of Music. Crescent Avenue Presbyterian Church is located at 716 Watchung Ave.
And here are other nearby events you might want to check out:
- Holy Trinity Open House - The event will run from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. All are welcome to visit the school, which offers Pre-K through 8th grade. Learn more here.
- Westfield Film Festival - The four-day festival is a celebration of film and those who create them. Filmmakers from across the country will gather at the James Ward Mansion in Westfield, NJ to share their films and meet their audiences. Attending filmmakers will participate in Q&A’s with festival guests. The full festival schedule can be found at westfieldfilmfest.com/festival. Tickets are available on the website.
- Those interested in checking out Meadowbrook Country Day Camp for next summer are invited to attend “Meadowfest,” a fun-filled day of fall events for prospective campers including hayrides, pumpkin picking, crafts, scavenger hunts, games and prizes, face painting, apple cider, food and more. The event is being held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (rain date Oct. 13), at camp, located at 73 East Valley Brook Road, in Long Valley. Attendees are asked to RSVP by calling (908) 876-3429 or emailing Marty@meadowbrookdaycamp.com.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.