PLAINFIELD, NJ — Some Halloween fun in Plainfield starts on Friday. Here's a look at spooktacular events in and around town that will bring you treats and may trick you, too.
Friday, Oct. 25
- The Plainfield Club is having a Fall Festival, with food, music, games, candy, and more! At 145 Park Ave. For more information, call 908-822-8672.
- Join the Cadets and Explorers of the Plainfield Rescue Squad for their 2nd Annual Haunted Squad, a two-day Halloween event. Tickets are available at the door, and are just $5 per person, or $3 with new/non-perishable food items that will be donated to a local food pantry. Witches' brew and other refreshments will be available for purchase. From 6 to 10 p.m. at 700 West 7th St. Watch the video for a peek at what you can expect!
Saturday, Oct. 26
- The 2nd Annual Haunted Squad continues. From 5 to 10 p.m. at 700 West 7th St.
Thursday, Oct. 31
- There's an annual Halloween party, parade and movie for kids at the Plainfield Public Library, 800 Park Ave., at 3:30 p.m. Wear your costume; if you don't have one, masks will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The City of Plainfield will hold its annual Trunk or Treat in the parking lot at City Hall, starting at 6 p.m. until candy runs out. An award will be given for best trunk at 6:30 p.m. Cars must be in place by 5:45 p.m. to be judged.
- Another Trunk or Treat will be held at Mohawk Lodge, 1357 W. Third St., at 6:30 p.m.
- The 3rd Annual Youth Octoberfest with Gentlemen Making Changes will be held at Washington Community School, 427 Darrow Ave., from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
NJ FLAVOR: How to Toast Pumpkin Seeds this Halloween
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.