PLAINFIELD, NJ — The Plainfield Public Schools district is planning for the 2020 Read Across America Day on March 2. The National Education Association event is meant to motivate kids to read, bring the joys of reading to students of all ages, and make all children feel valued and welcome.
The NEA launched Read Across America in 1998, and is the nation's largest celebration of reading. Educators at participating Plainfield schools can provide books to read, or you can choose to read a special book of your own.
The following schools are participating in Read Across America Day:
- Barlow Elementary School (K-5)
- Clinton Elementary School (K-5)
- Cook Elementary School (K-5)
- Emerson Community School (K-5)
- Evergreen Elementary School (K-5)
- Stillman Elementary School (K-5)
- Washington Community School (K-5)
- Cedarbrook K-8 Center
- Hubbard Middle School (6-8)
- Maxson Middle School (6-8)
Community partners are welcome to read for one hour between the hours of 9 a.m. and 11 a.m., and should RSVP with location and time preferred to Gloria Montealegre, Community Engagement Liaison, at 908-731-4333, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.