PLAINFIELD, NJ - According to a notice posted on the district's website, the Plainfield Public Schools Office of Early Childhood will soon hold Pre-K registration dates for the 2020-2021 school year for children three- and four-years-old.
Children who are three- or four-years-old by October 1, 2020, are eligible to be registered for the Pre-K program. The Plainfield Public Schools Office of Early Childhood will conduct mass registration events at 209 Berckman Street on the following dates:
- Saturday, February 8 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 11, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday, February 13, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
In the event one of the above dates is canceled due to weather conditions, registration will be held on Saturday, February 22, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The following documents are required for registration, according to the district's website:
- Child’s original birth certificate — Child must be 3- or 4-years-old by October 1 of that school year. Legal guardians and foster parents must bring ID letter or legal documents for verification.
- Proof of Plainfield Residence — Current PSE&G, water, home telephone or cable bills are accepted. If the bills are not in your name, bring a notarized letter signed by the person you live with and one of their utility bills and any official mail in your name received at that address.
- Updated Immunization Records
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.