Graduation Ceremony for PAAAS will be streamed at 9:00 a.m. and for PHS at 1:00 p.m.
PLAINFIELD, NJ — The Plainfield Public School District has announced plans to hold virtual graduation exercises for the first time ever due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The ceremonies for the Class of 2020 will be streamed via the Internet. Families and students will gather privately to mark the very special occasion.
In a letter to parents, students, staff, and the community on April 27 and May 11 and a video message on June 1st, Superintendent of Schools Dr. Diana Mitchell, announced the graduation ceremonies for Plainfield High School (PHS) and the Plainfield Academy for the Arts and Advanced Studies (PAAAS) would be held virtually on June 22, 2020.
View Video here:
Streaming of the graduation ceremonies will be provided by Fogarty Services, who will provide customized online platforms for each of the District’s high schools to stream the graduation ceremony. Graduation for PAAAS will be streamed at 9:00 a.m. and for PHS at 1:00 p.m. The ceremonies will be available for viewing by the students, their families and the community via a link that will be provided on the District’s website at www.plainfieldnjk12.org.
Fogarty Services will provide the following:
- A platform for senior graduates with photos and names to be displayed on the main page of the dedicated website.
2. Pre-recorded speeches and messages from:
- Keynote Speaker
- Board of Education President
- Superintendent of Schools
- High School Principals
3. Students will each have their own subpage (Not Public – Only the student may view) onto which an unlimited number of typed messages can be left to celebrate the graduate. Students will have space to upload two video messages and 8-10 photos of their choice that represents their time in high school.
4. Plainfield High School and PAAAS’ colors will be prominently displayed throughout the site.
5. Custom banners representing Plainfield High School and PAAAS will be displayed.
6. Messages from family and friends will be displayed. Family members and friends may currently leave messages for the graduates via the following links: PAAAS https://paaas.commencementreimagined.com/
7. Deadline to submit personal information to the graduation web is June 12.
8. The site will be active on the day of graduation and will be up for the next 6 months.
9. The names of the graduating members of the Class of 2020: approximately 60 PAAAS students and over 379 PHS students will be read.
Students are expected to wear their graduation regalia at home during the graduation ceremony. Caps and gowns are scheduled to be picked up the week of June 15. All seniors are expected to drop off their electronic devices and books on that date.
The Virtual Graduation is being planned by committees with input from students, parents and school administrators. The committees include the following members:
PHS Graduation Committee include:
Brianna Taylor, Valedictorian; Kynnah Grell, senior student; Abigail Chang, President of the student body; Javonni Coleman, President of the Class of 2020; Jordan Gwathney, Vice President of the Class of 2020; Devyn Hale, 12th Grade Advisor; Sheila Smith, 12th Grade Advisor; Terry Shareef, 12th Grade Vice Principal and Carol Taffaro, Graduation Coordinator.
PAAAS Graduation Committee include:
Mrs. Allison Hartpence, Senior Class Advisor; Ms. Shawna Newsome, Senior Class Advisor; Dr. Angela Bento, Principal; Mrs. Aurora Hill, VP; Mrs. Denise Krok, Counselor; Mr. Elikens, Parent, Mr. Wiggins, Parent; Kamani Jones, Valedictorian, Charlene Hills, Class of 2020 President; Serenity Washington, Class of 2020 Vice President; Yulissa Pena, Student, Brandon Damas, Student, Taliyah Brown, Student.
For more information, please email email@example.com.