PLAINFIELD, NJ - TAPinto what's going on in and around town this week. Read on to learn more about upcoming Plainfield meetings and events that we know about.
- Wear Your Own Planet at the Plainfield Public Library, 800 Park Avenue, from 4 to 5 p.m. Come and make your own Space-themed T-shirt. This is a free two-part program for 11-17 year-olds. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CASA of Union County information session - if you have a passion to help the youth in our community, there are over 400 children in foster care in Union County. Come to a session to hear more about becoming a CASA Volunteer for a child in need, at 300 North Avenue East in Westfield. From 6 to 7 p.m.
- Board of Education work & study meeting, 8 p.m. in the conference room at Plainfield High School, 950 Park Avenue. According to the agenda, action may be taken.
- Code Combat at the Plainfield Public Library from 4 to 5 p.m. Learn to Code while questing through dungeons and fantasy lands. For 11-17 year-olds only. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- Code Combat at the Plainfield Public Library from 4 to 5 p.m. For 11-17 year-olds only. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Union County mobile paper shredding program will take place at the Clark Public Works Yard, located at 315 Westfield Avenue in Clark from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Open to all Union County residents.
- NJ Housing & Mortgage Finance Agency, in partnership with the City of Plainfield, presents a Down Payment Assistance Program at the Plainfield Public Library from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the Anne Louise Davis room. RSVP by calling 908-226-2557 or email email@example.com.
- Just “ASK” for Information about Senior Services in Union County - a session will be held at the Plainfield Public Library from 10 a.m. to noon. Union County residents seeking reliable information about services for adults age 60 and older can come speak in person with experienced staff from the Union County Aging and Disability Resource Connection, a division of the Department of Human Services. Learn more here.
- Interested in Understanding New Jersey’s Medical Marijuana Program? Union County College is offering a 3-hour program on Introduction to Cannabis at its Cranford campus from 6 to 9 p.m. There is a fee - learn more here.
- The PMUA will hold a business meeting, and according to a legal notice, formal action will be taken. At 6 p.m., 127 Roosevelt Avenue.
- Plainfield's non-profit WallynZavy's Autistic Kids Can Do! Inc. present a Stand Up Comedy Night to support Autism Awareness. Learn more and purchase tickets here.
- Meet the author during Pride month for a conversation and book signing: Jodi Patterson will present her debut book, THE BOLD WORLD: A Memoir of Family and Transformation at the Plainfield Public Library, from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Want a do-over for prom? Join Iris House Inc. & Hyacinth AIDS Foundation, along with the city of Plainfield, at LGBTQ Prom Night, an adults-only event. At the Plainfield Cultural Center (formerly FUSP) at 724 Park Avenue, from 7 p.m. to midnight.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.