PLAINFIELD, NJ — Plainfield City Clerk Abubakar Jalloh released the list of City Council candidates who have filed petitions for nominations in the Primary Election on Monday. Residents will vote on June 2 to fill two council petitions with a four-year term.
Winners will appear on the November 3 ballot, along with any Independents who file on Primary Day.
Council President Steve Hockaday currently represents the Fourth Ward, and is seeking the City Wide At-Large seat, while Charles McRae seeks another term to serve the Third Ward.
Councilman At-Large, City Wide (4-year term)
- Steve G. Hockaday — Regular Democratic Organization of Union County
- David M. Rutherford — Not Me. Us.
- Robert K. Graham — Leadership Through Listening
Councilperson, Third Ward (4-year term)
- Charles McRae — Regular Democratic Organization of Union County
- Emily E. Morgan — Not Me. Us.
- Union County Voter Reminder: April Deadline for Change in Party Affiliation
- Plainfield Dems Endorse Hockaday, McRae for Primary
- Challengers Enter Plainfield's Council Race
- Robert Graham: I am asking for your endorsement and support for At-Large City Council
CORRECTION: A previous version of this story indicated Steve Hockaday is currently the Councilman At-Large. This position is currently held by Elton Armady.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.