PLAINFIELD, NJ -The Plainfield City Council is expected to name members of the Citizens Budget Advisory Committee at Monday’s regular meeting, 7 p.m. in Municipal Court, 325 Watchung Avenue.
As described in the resolution, goals of the committee shall be to:
- Conduct analysis comparing Plainfield to municipalities with similar size, demographics and budget to review sources and types of revenue, service costs, etc.;
- Identify possibilities for shared services, reviewing what shared service agreements, if any, similar municipalities have agreed to;
- Identify core services, as defined by residents and rank their priority order;
- Identify structural budget imbalances caused by one time measures and recommend strategies to eliminate them;
- Make a final set of budget recommendations for 2020 Calendar Year Budget.
Each City Council member nominated a CBAC member. The roster is:
- Kenny Howard (nominated by Councilwoman Ashley Davis)
- Tim O'Connor (nominated by Councilman Sean McKenna)
- Robin Bright (nominated by Councilman Charles McRae)
- John Davis (nominated by Councilman Barry Goode)
- Tuwisha Denise Rogers (nominated by Councilwoman Joylette Mills-Ransome)
- Walter Harris (nominated by Vice President Elton Armady)
- Stacey Welch (nominated by Council President Steve Hockaday)
Meetings will be scheduled after budget introduction, which is expected in April.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.