PLAINFIELD, NJ — Friday tallies for positive cases of COVID-19 in Plainfield are at 159, up from 124 the previous day. According to Mayor Adrian O. Mapp's daily update, there are an additional 172 individuals who are quarantined due to exposure.
The update included news that another resident has succumbed to the coronavirus, bringing the total to five people in the Queen City.
Friday, April 3
- 86-year-old woman
Thursday, April 2
- 78-year-old male
- 73-year-old female
Wednesday, April 1
- 82-year-old male
- 69-year-old male
There are 4,372 new cases in New Jersey, and a total of 29,895. In Union County, there are 251 new positive cases, for a total of 2,487, the fourth highest in the state. Totals are typically updated around 1 p.m. each day here.
Across the state, there are 113 new deaths; overall, there are 646. Union County has 11 new deaths, bringing the total to 45 lost lives.
Mayor Mapp's update reminded residents who think they have been exposed to the virus to call 908-373-5105 or 908-214-7107. The nearest testing site is at the Kean University campus, the first site in New Jersey, and is projected to surpass its 3,000th test since opening around two weeks ago.
The test center is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. It is available on a drive-through basis only, no walk-ins are admitted. Testing is free.
The mayor once again indicated anyone who is being harassed because of an inability to pay rent, or being threatened with eviction, can file a complaint with the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs at 973- 504-6240; the Attorney General's Office at 609-292-4925; and OAG Citizen Services at 609-984-5828.
Mapp closed, saying, "While things are extremely difficult for many industries, there are still jobs available. Over 540 companies are hiring for over 46,000 jobs during this health crisis. Click here for job listings."
The Mayor will hold his second Facebook Live session on Wednesday, April 8 at 6 p.m., and the chat will be available in both English and Spanish.
- Mayor Mapp: 124 Plainfield Cases of Coronavirus, 2 More Deaths / 124 Casos de COVID-19 Confirmados, 2 Fallecimientos Adicionales
- Plainfield Cases at 108, Mayor Says on Facebook Live Chat
- Gov. Murphy Announces Over 3.6K More COVID-19 Cases, 91 Deaths in NJ
- Plainfield Rescue Squad Seeking Much Needed Items
- Threaten Cops with COVID-19, Face Maximum Criminal Charges; Plainfield Woman One of Six Charged
- Donations Help Plainfield Restaurant Feed Healthcare Workers
- Mayor Mapp: 89 Positive Cases of Coronavirus in Plainfield, Says City Could Face Budget Shortfall
- Plainfield Police Department to Enforce 'Stay at Home' Order
- Plainfield Police: State of Emergency, Respect Stay at Home Order / Estado de emergencia, Respeto Orden de quedarse en casa
- Mayor Mapp Notes 73 Cases on Monday, Says Muhlenberg Site Won't be Utilized