PLAINFIELD, NJ — Plainfield's Mayor Adrian O. Mapp held another virtual session Thursday for residents, with this week's online meeting featuring inspirational words from local spiritual leaders. The Mayor opened the talk with the news that the total number of residents who have been lost to COVID-19 stands at 62.
Recent losses include a 73-year-old female, a 59-year-old female, and a 60-year-old male reported on May 14; an African-American woman 90-years-old on May 13; and an African-American female age 89-years-old, an African-American male 67-years-old, and an Hispanic male, 79-years-old on May 12.
Local faith leaders offered up words of encouragement to residents and others listening on the live session. The speakers included:
- Rev. Tracey L. Brown of Ruth Fellowship Ministries;
- Pastor David Eghelshi of Medes Church, who said 70 of 400 congregants from his church have contracted the virus;
- Rev. Erick W. Wallace Sr. of Mount Olive Baptist Church, which is celebrating 150 years, and is the first Black church in the city of Plainfield;
- Pastor Kevin L. Jenkins of Genesis SDA Church;
- Rev. Sheila L. Thorpe, of Shiloh Baptist Church;
- Father Manoel Oliveira, of St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Church;
- and Rev. Sheila L. Thorpe of Shiloh Baptist Church.
Missed it? Catch up here:
RELATED CORONAVIRUS NEWS:
Check with TAPinto Plainfield for continuous LOCAL Coronavirus news.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.