PLAINFIELD, NJ – Here is a round-up of this week’s events in Plainfield. There is something for everyone in the Queen City. Did we miss anything?
- The Easy Reader Book Club meets at the Plainfield Public Library, 800 Park Ave., in Room 2 at 4 p.m.
- The Board of Education business meeting will start at 6:30 p.m. in the cafeteria at Plainfield High School, 950 Park Ave. Download the agenda.
- It's Cinema Tuesdays at the Plainfield Public Library. Today, you can enjoy "Rocketman" at 1 p.m. in the Anne Louise Davis room.
- Evergreen Elementary School is hosting a book fair this week during the school day, but on Tuesday, the fair is open from 9 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. Families and friends, be sure to support the school, located at 1033 Evergreen Ave.
- The Shade Tree Commission will meet at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall, 515 Watchung Ave. The meeting is open to the public.
- Learn about the science of bubbles at STEAM in Room 2 of the Plainfield Public Library at 2 p.m.
- Kids can do crafts for Thanksgiving in the Anne Louise Davis room at 2 p.m. at the Plainfield Public Library.
- Dragonfly Multicultural Arts Center will present its first Festival of One Act Plays at 8 p.m. at duCret School of Art. A reception and talk-back will take place after the performance tonight. Tickets cost $20 if purchased in advance from the Dragonfly website and $25 if purchased at the door. The One Act Festival features original short plays written by local playwrights, including Benjamin Marshall of Plainfield.
- The Plainfield Symphony Orchestra welcomes acclaimed tenors Brian Cheney and Steven Scheschareg, along with the New Jersey Army National Guard 63rd Army Band, for the second concert of the Symphony’s 100th season. Under the baton of Maestro Charles Prince, the program will feature lively waltzes, polkas and marches. Learn more.
- And don't miss the "Strauss Meets Sousa" After Party at duCret School of Art, 1030 Central Ave. The $50 admission includes buffet and cocktails, and will start after the performance. Buy tickets at the door or online.
- Dragonfly Multicultural Arts Center presents its first Festival of One Act Plays at 8 p.m. at duCret School of Art. Tickets cost $20 if purchased in advance from the Dragonfly website and $25 if purchased at the door.
- The Mount Olive Baptist Church is holding a free pre-Thanksgiving community meal at 216 Liberty St. from 12 to 2 p.m.
- A free community Thanksgiving luncheon will be held with Dr. Kevin Jenkins, Pastor at Genesis Seventh-Day Adventist Church from 12 to 3 p.m. at 407 West 2nd St. RSVP to 866-710-7051.
- Dragonfly Multicultural Arts Center presents its first Festival of One Act Plays at 3 p.m. at duCret School of Art. Tickets cost $20 if purchased in advance from the Dragonfly website and $25 if purchased at the door.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.