New Jersey is known for its brutally hot summers but luckily here, in Rahway, there are plenty of fun ways to keep cool. Here are my favorite places to chill, literally, in town:
1. Walter E. Ulrich Memorial Pool, otherwise known as Rahway Pool - Rahway Pool is the best place in town for fun in the sun. The pool is very clean and spacious. There is even a kiddie pool, diving board, and food stand on the premises. In my opinion, it's the best public pool in Union County. It is also a great place to meet and mingle with others in the community. Rahway pool aims to be accessible to all, which is why every Monday evening, from 5:30 to 7PM, the pool has a People with Disabilities Swim function. The pool's hours are listed below, go check it out!
- Monday thru Thursday: 11:00am to 7:00pm
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am to 6:00pm
2. Dairy Queen or Rita's - Almost nothing can compare to a sweet, cold treat on a hot summer day. Rita's has the best custards and Italian ice, delicious! Dairy Queen offers a multitude of tasty treats, its a great place to cool down and satisfy your sweet tooth.
3. Rahway Public Library - Curl up with a good book or surf the web under the ice cold air conditioning at the Rahway Library. It's a great place to relax when it's too hot for outdoor activities. The library offers plenty of summer events to keep the community engaged and entertained.
4. YMCA - Rahway Branch - Rahway's YMCA also has great pool and many other facilities, which are a great way to stay fit and active while also avoiding heat exhaustion. The YMCA offers many family oriented programs daily. If you are interested in the YMCA's programs, here is a link to their website: http://tgfymca.org/rahway-branch.
These are just a few of my favorite spots to chill and stay out of the heat in Rahway.