SNOW EMERGENCY INFORMATION
When a significant snowfall is expected, the City of Rahway's Department of Public Works asks everyone for their cooperation by following the guidelines listed below:
- Try to stay indoors, don’t drive unless absolutely necessary.
- If you live on a snow emergency street, you must remove your vehicle to provide access for emergency vehicles.
- Please make every effort to utilize off street parking whenever possible.
- Do not park cars within 20 feet of an intersection. Parking too close to an intersection can restrict emergency vehicle access.
- Do not blow or shovel snow into the street. Shovel driveway aprons, walkways and sidewalks once plow trucks are completed with their work.
- Do not double park vehicles.
- Keep fire hydrants and catch basins in your neighborhood clear of leaves/snow.
Thank you for your cooperation and patience!