In addition to professionals on-hand at RMS and throughout the school district to help students and staff process the recent loss of an 8th-grader, the following mental health professionals will be on call on Thursday and Friday when schools are closed:
- Mrs. Meg Riley, School Psychologist: MKEITH@rtnj.org
- Dr. Marissa Randazzo, School Psychologist: MRANDAZZO@rtnj.org
- Mrs. Kristen Hunkele, School Social Worker: KHUNKELE@rtnj.org
- Mrs. Gina Naclerio, School Guidance Counselor: GNACLERIO@rtnj.org
- Ms. Kerri Hagen, School Psychologist: KHAGEN@rtnj.org
On Tuesday morning, Assistant Superintendent Jennifer Fano released a statement that addressed the sudden loss of a Randolph Middle School 8th-grader. It read as follows.
"The school district was informed late Monday evening that an eighth-grader at Randolph Middle School passed away earlier in the day. Our thoughts are with this student's family and friends during this tragic time. Members of the school's crisis response team, including grief counselors, were at RMS to begin the day on Tuesday and will remain on call in the coming days in the event anyone in the RMS or greater school community is in need of support. We are very sorry to be reporting this information. Thank you for your understanding and patience."
As this is a private matter, the school district has stated that they no further comment at this time.