The New Jersey Department of Transportation today announced overnight that weekend ramp closures started last weekend on Route 80 for a guiderail replacement project through Roxbury, Mount Arlington, Jefferson, Rockaway, Wharton, Denville and Parsippany-Troy Hills in Morris County.
This project was originally scheduled to start last weekend, but was rescheduled because of inclement weather.
Beginning tomorrow (July 21) and continuing for the next several weekends, DOT’s contractor, J.F. Creamer and Son, is scheduled to temporarily close ramps on Route 80 to replace and upgrade guiderail parapets. The work is scheduled to take place on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. the next day.
As part of the ongoing guiderail replacement project overnight weekend ramp closures and detours are required on the following dates:
Weekend 1: July 21 – July 23
Exit 37: Route 80 westbound ramp to Green Pond Road detour:
- Route 80 westbound traffic will be directed to Exit 35A to Mount Hope Avenue
- Turn left for the entrance onto Route 80 eastbound after crossing over Mount Hope Avenue
- Take exit 37 from Route 80 eastbound back on to Green Pond Road
Exit 38: Route 46 westbound ramp to Route 80 westbound (Denville) detour:
- Route 46 westbound traffic will be directed to continue on Route 46 westbound
- Bear right onto East Main Street
- Turn right onto Wall Street
- Turn right onto Church Street
- Turn left onto Halsey Avenue
- Turn right onto Hibernia Avenue/CR513
- Bear left onto Green Pond Road
- Turn left onto I-80 westbound
Weekend 2: July 28 – July 30
Exit 38: Route 80 eastbound ramp to Route 46 eastbound detour:
- Route 80 eastbound traffic will be directed to Exit 42C eastbound/Parsippany
- Merge onto Route 202 North/Route 80 westbound
- Bear right for entrance to Route 80 westbound/Cherry Hill Road
- Bear right for Exit 42B Route 46/Parsippany/Cherry Hill Road
- Turn Right onto 46 eastbound
Exit 39: Route 80 westbound ramp to Route 46 eastbound detour:
- Route 80 westbound traffic will be directed to Exit 37 – Route 80 westbound/Green Pond Road
- Make a right onto Green Pond Road
- Make a right for the entrance onto Route 80 eastbound
- Take Exit 38 onto Route 46 eastbound
Weekend 3: August 4 – August 6
Route 15 northbound to Route 80 eastbound:
- No Detour, ramp will remain partially open with all traffic shifted to the left
Weekend 4: August 11 – August 13
Route 15 southbound to Route 80 eastbound:
- No Detour, ramp will remain partially open with all traffic shifted to the Right
The $8 million federally-funded Route 80 Guiderail Replacement project in Morris County includes the replacement of guiderail parapet connections at Exit 37, Exit 38, and Exit 39, as well as several Route 15 ramps to Route 80. The project is being accomplished overnight on several weekends, and is expected to be completed in August 2017.
Variable message signs are being utilized throughout the project limits to provide advance notification to motorists of all traffic pattern changes associated with the guiderail replacement project. Throughout the project, NJDOT will provide information before upcoming road or ramp closures.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT’s traffic information website www.511nj.orgfor real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info.