Summer is finally here and many of us will be enjoying much-deserved vacations and trips to the beach over the next few months. However, let’s not forget to take advantage of all that Randolph has to offer. Here are just a few ideas…
- The Randolph Library hosts many events during the summer months, including the very popular summer reading club and an outdoor concert series on Monday evenings at 7:00.
- The Randolph Museum, located at Freedom Park, is open on Sundays from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and includes many interesting artifacts from life in and around Randolph, including information about schools, home life, local industry, farming, and the Mt. Freedom resort industry. The Historical Society of Old Randolph also holds several special events at the Museum.
- Enjoy a day at Randolph Park Beach. The park is open daily from 11-7 for swimming, picnics and splashing around in the water spray park. Daily or seasonal memberships are available.
- Have a wonderful time at the 2017 Freedom Festival being held at the County College of Morris June 30-July 2. The Randolph Kiwanis Club does a fantastic job organizing this family-friendly event, with the parade and fireworks planned for July 1.
- Catch a performance at Brundage Park Playhouse. In July, The Lion King, Jr. will feature local talented actors and performances of Kid’s Cabaret 2017 are scheduled for August.
- The Parks and Recreation department offers many fun opportunities during the summer, including day camps, teen travel camp, Artworks Studio camp, Summer Stages theater camp at Brundage Park Playhouse and numerous sports clinics.
- Visit one of Randolph’s beautiful parks to enjoy a sporting event, play tennis or basketball, or use the playground. Plans to develop a new park on Calais Road are underway. The Town Council has awarded a contract for the design of the new park and plans should be available later this year.
- Take a stroll through the 16 miles of trails that wind through Randolph. The Town Council is planning further improvements to these valuable community resources. Very soon, the trails advisory committee will be making recommendations for enhancements. Results from several public meetings, focus groups and an online survey of residents have provided suggestions to improve our trails system, including new trail segments, better connectivity of existing trails, and enhanced trail marking and identification.
- Enjoy a meal at one of the many wonderful restaurants located in Randolph, several of which offer outdoor seating so you can take advantage of the good weather.
It’s a pleasure to serve as Mayor in a community that has so much to offer residents.
Enjoy your summer in Randolph.