MORRISTOWN, NJ - Get your cameras ready! The Morris County Historical Society at Acorn Hall will begin accepting submissions for their photo contest on October 1. The contest celebrates the "rich and diverse history of Morris County.
Bruce White, former staff photographer of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Sotheby’s, will be serving as special guest judge. Mr. White’s most recent work, At Home in the President’s Neighborhood, (2016) was in collaboration with the White House Historical Association. He also served as principal photographer for their books The White House: Its Historic Furnishings and First Families and the 50th anniversary edition of the White House: An Historic Guide; and Tudor Place: An American Treasure.
Prizes will be awarded in each of the following categories and age groups. One entry per person.
- Historic Structures
- Historic Landscapes
- Historic Structural Details
- Elementary (up to 5th grade), entry fee: $5
- Young Adult (grades 6-12), entry fee: $15
- Adult (Post-High School): entry fee: $25
- “Historic” is defined as older than 50 years.
- All photographs must be 8×10, matted and framed to 11×14 in a simple black art frames. Frames must be wired and prepared for installation upon submission to be considered.
Acorn Hall will release specific submission details soon. The contest will run from October 1, 2020 through April 16, 2021.
Sign up to get all the news as it happens at www.TAPinto.net/enews