RANDOLPH, NJ- Wrestling rivals Randolph and Roxbury are once again joining forces to continue what has become a seven-year tradition. During their upcoming wrestling match on Wednesday, Feb. 1, the teams will be hosting the Seventh Annual RIVALS TAKEDOWN HUNGER Food Drive, to benefit the Interfaith Food Pantry serving Morris County.
The food drive involves both the youth recreation and the high school wrestling programs of Randolph and Roxbury. Roxbury, as the host team this year, is responsible for collecting and delivering donated food to the Interfaith Food Pantry.
The events planned for the evening are:
RIVALS TAKEDOWN HUNGER Food Drive
- Food donations will be collected in entrance way of Roxbury High School
TRI-COUNTY LEAGUE & JV HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING
- 5:00 PM: Randolph vs. Roxbury, Tri-County Youth Wrestling Match
- 5:00 PM: Randolph vs. Roxbury High School JV match
VARSITY HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING MATCH
- 6:45 PM: Varsity team warm-up
- 7:10 PM: Randolph & Roxbury Team introductions
Both teams look forward to a night of terrific wrestling and community fun, and hope to spread the word so that more fans attend and bring items to donate at the door.
To encourage attendance, Roxbury High School is offering FREE ADMISSION to spectators who donate at least two items.
The Pantry is currently in need of all of the following:
- FRUITS & VEGETABLES: canned fruit, 100% fruit juice, canned vegetables, pasta sauce, canned tomato products (crushed, whole, diced, paste, puree)
- GRAINS: cereal (low sugar, high fiber), oatmeal, pasta (regular and whole wheat), white or brown rice
- DAIRY: shelf stable milk, dry milk, canned evaporated milk, calcium-fortified milk alternatives such as soy, rice or almond milks
- PROTEIN: canned beans (pork and beans, pinto, red or white kidney); dried beans; tuna, salmon or other canned fish; peanut butter, canned meats and meals (such as ravioli, spaghetti & meatballs, hash, stew, canned chicken)
- SIDE DISHES: mac ‘n cheese, Rice-A-Roni, Hamburger Helper, instant/dried potatoes, stuffing mix
- SOUPS: hearty varieties, condensed varieties, low-sodium, regular
- BABY ITEMS: Enfamil Infant Formula (NOT newborn please), baby food (stage 1 fruits, stage 2 meats/meals, stage 3 vegetable & meats), cereals/oatmeal, diapers (size 5 & 6), pull up toddler diapers (size 4T & 5T), baby wipes
- SPECIALTY ITEMS: gluten free products, Boost or Ensure dietary supplements, Boost Glucose Control or Glucerna, adult undergarments, tea, resealable sandwich bags, quart-sized plastic bags
The Interfaith Food Pantry is a non-denominational, non-profit organization that helps families make ends meet, by supplementing their monthly groceries in times of need. They provide food and groceries to eligible Morris County residents. The Pantry is currently distributing more than 5 tons of food to 300 families each week! The Pantry's clients are primarily senior citizens living on fixed incomes, and low-income working families in Morris County. For more information, visit www.mcifp.org.
Randolph Rec Wrestling is a traveling sports program offered through the Randolph Township Department of Parks and Recreation. Our mission is to promote the sport within our community, and to train youth wrestlers to succeed at a progressively competitive level. For more information visit www.randolphwrestling.org.