RANDOLPH, NJ- As part of his Bar Mitzvah project, Randolph Middle School seventh-grader Matthew Blutig will be selling “Knock Out Epilepsy” t-shirts. A mitzvah project is project done in conjunction with a Bar or Bat Mitzvah. The mitzvah project usually involves donating time and/or money to a cause that is meaningful to the child.
For Randolph Middle Schools students, Matthew will be selling the t-shirts before school at 7:40-8:05 am from Wednesday 11/30-Thursday 12/8 in the main lobby. He is selling them at a cost of $10.
Matthew will be donating all proceeds to the Epilepsy Foundation of New Jersey to be used for research and program funding. Unfortunately, based on the statistics below, most people know someone who has been afflicted or affected by this disorder.
· About 2.7 million Americans have Epilepsy.
· One in 26 people will develop Epilepsy in their lifetime.
· One in ten people will have a seizure in their lifetime.
· Epilepsy is more common than Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease combined.
· This year another 200,000 people in the U.S. will be diagnosed with epilepsy.
To support Matthew, you can also purchase a "Knock Out Epilepsy" t-shirt by emailing email@example.com.