RED BANK, NJ: In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, the physical Red Bank Public Library is closed until further notice. As the situation progresses and we slowly return to normal, we will be offering more services and online programming. For the time being, here's what's currently happening at the RBPL:
- Upcoming Zoom Events (These events are registration required and may or may not be recorded for later posting to YouTube.)
- Eryka Andrex will be offering her first weekly Friday Dance Fitness Class this Friday! The dance styles will be a Latin & Middle Eastern Combo. Click the link for registration info.
- Next Monday, we'll be holding a Bilingual Women's Healthcare Webinar in partnership with the Visiting Nurses Association Health Group. Registration info available here. We will be holding a Men's Healthcare Webinar later in the month. There will be a random drawing for one attendee to receive a $25 Gift Card from Walmart.
- Upcoming YouTube and Facebook Live events (These events stay up on Facebook and/or YouTube after we record, no registration is required.)
- Anime Club will be doing an Anime-related craft on Facebook Live this Wednesday at 4:30.
- Miss Sira continues to post a Story Time every weekday at 10:30. All of those videos are available on Facebook and on our YouTube channel as a playlist.
- Miss Jaime is taking June off for Power Play, but there are still two more scheduled for this week, and all past Power Plays are still available on Facebook.
- All items checked out have had their due dates extended to July 15th. Our book drops remain open, but no one will be fined during the shutdown.
- New staff blog posts:
- Our April Poetry posts were so popular they spilled into May! Here are our favorite May poems.
- We're getting really great submissions for our "Red Bank: Always Beautiful" photo contest. Submissions are going to be open for a few more months. Find submissions guidelines here. Winners can be voted on at our Facebook page (Most Likes = Most Votes) and can be viewed here. A couple entries can be viewed Reference
- We are checking our email and social media regularly for reference questions. Reach out to us at email@example.com if you have a question need answered!
- We are regularly checking the Library voicemail. Please feel free to leave a message, and we will get back to you promptly. Phone number is listed below.
- We have left our wireless routers on at the library and we have placed WiFi extenders near the back patio by the picnic tables. You should be able to use it if you need. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS SERVICE, PLEASE PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING. That is keep 6-10 feet from all other people and wash your hands after contact with any other surfaces. You should be able to connect to our WiFi in your car from our parking lot.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer any physical materials at the time. If you have placed a hold, it is not going to come in until this is over. If you have a book checked out, our Book Drop remains open, but all items have had their due dates extended to July 15th. If we are not open by then, we will extend the due date again. YOU WILL NOT BE FINED DURING THIS OUTBREAK.
We are closed to the public, but we are working remotely at these hours:
- Monday: 9am — 5pm
- Tuesday: 9am — 5pm
- Wednesday: 9am — 5pm
- Thursday: 9am — 5pm
- Friday: 9am — 5pm
If you enjoyed this article please “Like” and “Follow” us on the TAPinto Red Bank Facebook page, and sign up for our daily e-news so you’ll never miss what’s happening in Red Bank!
And please share this article with your friends and family!