MONMOUTH COUNTY: A great evening was enjoyed by all on Saturday, October 6th, at Bell Works in Holmdel. Monmouth Arts, the official county arts agency, based in Red Bank, honored the Arts, Artists and Art Patrons of Monmouth County at STARDUST, a futuristic fundraiser gala. The co-chairs for the evening's event were Dale Bisgrove and Ellen Rubin. The evening's emcee was the popular Monmouth County personality Stephen Rubino. The 'little black dress' was replaced for many by silver as many of the guests were dressed in futuristic style, some with light up fashions.
Executive Director of Monmouth Arts, Teresa Staub said, "Tonight was a celebration of the nexus of art and technology. Bell Works, the original Eero Saarinen designed Bell Labs, is once again full of energy and cutting edge technology and design. It's a constant moving, changing work of art. The perfect venue to celebrate the arts in Monmouth County. Thank you to our host Bell Works, all of our generous sponsors, our superstar honorees and of course all of the attendees tonight that made this event so special. We are thankful to all."
The evening's stars included:
Tribute to the 2018 Monmouth Arts Honorees
• Ralph Zucker and Paola Zamudio received the Arts Innovator Award on behalf of Bell Works which is the host for the event.
• Diane and Bruce Turton received the Community Service Award on behalf of Diane Turton, Realtors.
• Photographer Danny Clinch received the Arts Ambassador Award.
• Richard Spengler, Executive Vice President and Chief Lending Officer received the Community Service Award on behalf of Investors Bank.
Additional highlights of the evening included
• Performances by The Redef Movement, a New Jersey based hip-hop and street dance troupe led by choreographer/manager John Barella
• A Virtual Reality Painting Experience sponsored by Microsoft
• Red Bank’s Whipped Creperie served an out-of-this-world Stardust crepe dessert imagined by owner/chef Erica Lieberman.
There was a silent and live auction and the evening's sponsors included: Supernova Sponsors included The Asbury Park Press, Investors Bank and Wilentz Goldman & Spitzer, PA. Cosmic Sponsors included the Jay & Linda Grunin Foundation, PNC Wealth Management and the Count Basie Center for the Arts. Shooting Star Sponsors were Ansell, Grimm & Aaron PC, Alycia Yerves Creatives, Monmouth University, Ocean First Bank, Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi PC, Sherman Wells Sylvester & Stamelman LLP. The In-Kind Sponsors were Microsoft, Tiffany & Co., Hatteras, Whipped Creperie, JG Entertainment Company, Decoration Sponsor, Craig Kiely Designs.
For more information about Monmouth Arts click here.