RED BANK, NJ: The installation of hi-tech parking meters throughout the town began a few weeks ago and will offer numerous capabilities:
- Acceptance of all types of payment
- All modular system, no tools required for fixing any internal pieces
- Fully programmable to create different rate structures during the day
- Alerts can be sent for coin or card reader jams
- Borough messages can be entered on system
- Data metrics can be drilled down to specifics; how long a car parked, payments, on what streets, etc.
“This is one of our largest and most important investments into our parking utility in recent memory,” said Business Administrator Ziad Shehady, back in a September meeting that demonstrated the new parking meters.
To read and watch a video from a TAPinto Red Bank article, click HERE.
That’s the good news.
The downside? Enforcement of all parking regulations downtown will resume tomorrow, Thursday, August 6, 2020.
If you enjoyed this article please “Like” and “Follow” us on the TAPinto Red Bank Facebook page, and sign up for our daily e-news so you’ll never miss what’s happening in Red Bank!
And please share this article with your friends and family!